What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 MO SG Landry Shamet (Verbal to Wichita State)

Shamet is more likely to stay for 4 years.

I don't know if that's a reason to prefer a recruit. Talent wins.

For me, Shamet seems more like a Duke player and Dorsey seems more like a Kentucky player.

Would I rather have Seth Curry or John Wall?

The answer to that is: "Please, Tad, just get us either of them."

Four star guards don't come to CU to stay for four years. They come to develop under Tad, win a bunch of games, become stars, go to the Tournament, and then go to the league.

I don't know if that's a reason to prefer a recruit. Talent wins.

For me, Shamet seems more like a Duke player and Dorsey seems more like a Kentucky player.

Would I rather have Seth Curry or John Wall?

The answer to that is: "Please, Tad, just get us either of them."

John wall. Is that even a question?

Why is that? Just curious as I have only seen their HL tapes and do not know much else about them.
From what I have read (not what I know), Dorsey appears to be focused on being showcased as an important part of his selection criteria. I am concerned about the effect of that kind of attitude on team chemistry. Shamet, on the other hand seems to be more of a Midwestern kid with less focus on ME and, if so, would be more inclined to fit in with the team culture that Boyle has built. Both are very talented, but I am not impressed by the number of stars ... especially when it is five or four. Boyle develops talent, especially guards. The kind of culture that he has built and the focus on "values" of the players that he signs is a factor in that. For proof, I would offer Burks and Dinwiddie, both of whom were "three stars", if that, as I recall.

From what I have read (not what I know), Dorsey appears to be focused on being showcased as an important part of his selection criteria. I am concerned about the effect of that kind of attitude on team chemistry. Shamet, on the other hand seems to be more of a Midwestern kid with less focus on ME and, if so, would be more inclined to fit in with the team culture that Boyle has built. Both are very talented, but I am not impressed by the number of stars ... especially when it is five or four. Boyle develops talent, especially guards. The kind of culture that he has built and the focus on "values" of the players that he signs is a factor in that. For proof, I would offer Burks and Dinwiddie, both of whom were "three stars", if that, as I recall.

Both Burks and Din were Top 150 for the most part. Din made more lists. Burks was like 6'2" when he was rated, though.

Dorsey has the potential to play at the next level and he knows it. I'm not sure why some view it as such a negative that he wants to put himself in a position to be successful at the college level and give himself the best opportunity to play in the NBA. That just seems like a smart decision to me.

Dorsey has the potential to play at the next level and he knows it. I'm not sure why some view it as such a negative that he wants to put himself in a position to be successful at the college level and give himself the best opportunity to play in the NBA. That just seems like a smart decision to me.

Folks afraid he's a Shabazz when they hear that. Plenty of guys who played a big role as freshmen and fit in, though.

Anyway, I'm good with either Shamet or Dorsey.

Per rivals, he's not going to take his visits here and had committed to wichita st. This is bad news. Eggs are in one basket now.

Hey Snow, do I get points for calling this last Thursday?

We're not young and exciting anymore and we have no big holes for instant PT. imo

Plus, we were really planning on a Sweet 16 run last year to fully place us into a "name" destination. With the "one game & out", we're basically BYU right now - only without as much history.

We're not young and exciting anymore and we have no big holes for instant PT. imo

Stop making excuses for Boyle. Fire him and get someone in here who is a top gun recruiter!! A-1 Top gun! This staff is incompetent!! Turning in my tickets and burning my degree along with my CU apparel in the front yard tonight. ahhhhh!

Stop making excuses for Boyle. Fire him and get someone in here who is a top gun recruiter!! A-1 Top gun! This staff is incompetent!! Turning in my tickets and burning my degree along with my CU apparel in the front yard tonight. ahhhhh!

:lol::rolling_eyes:

Plus, we were really planning on a Sweet 16 run last year to fully place us into a "name" destination. With the "one game & out", we're basically BYU right now - only without as much history.
Not just a "one game & out", a really nasty ass-whooping & out. That's the last game anyone got to see of the Buffs. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that 5 months later.
However, I still think it is more about the logjam we have on the depth chart. Even if you say if the kid is that good, he'll win his playing time, that's going to be really tough to do when last year's freshmen are juniors that the '15s to have to contend with. I'm not feeling so happy right now that Coach Boyle opted to put so many eggs in the 2013 basket.

Once Ski leaves, we'll need a playmaker and shot creator. We have PG in Collier and SG in Fortune covered, but we'll need someone to create when the shot clock winds down. Maybe Hopkins will turn into that, but I think Dorsey would fit in nicely. If Dorsey were to pick CU, I'd say instant sweet 16 team in 2015.

Once Ski leaves, we'll need a playmaker and shot creator. We have PG in Collier and SG in Fortune covered, but we'll need someone to create when the shot clock winds down. Maybe Hopkins will turn into that, but I think Dorsey would fit in nicely. If Dorsey were to pick CU, I'd say instant sweet 16 team in 2015.

I'm assuming you have Josh returning for his senior year.

Back