1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'15 NJ SG Kamar McKnight

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive - Basket' started by Buffnik, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247sports

[​IMG]
    St. Benedict's Prep (Newark, NJ)

AAU: Grassroots Canada

Ht: 6'3"
    Wt: 175

Rivals rating: unrated SG
    Scout rating:
    ESPN rating:
    247s rating: unrated SF

Reported Offers: COLORADO, West Virginia

2. Buffnik

Highlights:

[video=youtube;Jg-6L1Rj0oU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg-6L1Rj0oU[/video]

Good article from last August on McKnight following his summer playing for Grassroots Canada:

The 6-foot-3 guard is a flat out shooter – Period. He has a knack for filling it up from deep. He knocked six three-pointers throughout a thrashing of Team Manimal that saw him hit shots from every angle of the floor. While on AAU duty this summer the south paw parlayed his production into serious considerations from both mid & high major college programs.

“My list right now is Colorado, Arizona, UCLA, UCONN, Oregon St and Fresno St. The school showing the most love right now would be Colorado. Coach Rohn is recruiting me hard at the moment.” McKnight shared.

As for his time table for a decision McKnight added “Would be before the 14-15 season my senior year of high school.”

A lefty with an elite competitive passion to develop and improve when asked what has been the difference the Toronto, ON native responded,

“Well I’ve been making plays off the dribble and really worked hard at improving my jump shot this past off-season, but a lot of my focus lately has been guarding the best player of the opposing team, also going forward I’m always looking to improve my body and make sure i’m able to compete for longer periods of time during games.”

3. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Wouldn't have pegged this kid as a Tad Boyle type of recruit.

4. Buffnik

What are you talking about? He's left handed.

5. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

Hard to tell much from those highlights. The other team looked very small, so have to wonder the quality of competition.

6. Medford M.

Medford M. Well-Known Member

That clip said 2011. Those were 8th graders I think.

7. RollTad21

RollTad21 Club Member Club Member

A lefty who likes to guard the best player on the other team? Sounds like a Boyle recruit to me