What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 NM QB Easton Bruere

With his head down like that, you can't see his neck balls. At least that's my guess. That sort of thing can really affect recruiting.

jackman-balls.jpg

Where's Incredibly Black Obese Guy?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I f OU pulled that kid from NM a few years back, Ut/Meatchicken found a kid in NM, this kid would have a D1 offer if he was good enough. He went to camps, coaches saw him, that's that. The article acts like he is in Outer Mongolia and no one has access to an airplane.

I f OU pulled that kid from NM a few years back, Ut/Meatchicken found a kid in NM, this kid would have a D1 offer if he was good enough. He went to camps, coaches saw him, that's that. The article acts like he is in Outer Mongolia and no one has access to an airplane.

Production counts for nothing then?

Hard to tell from recruiting video but looking at his hudl highlights one thing I noticed about his throws.

He anticipates well and looks to be very accurate even with his deep balls. The counter to that is that I didn't see much zip on his throws. Even the intermediate throws seemed to loop, he wasn't throwing darts out there.

In HS you can build huge statistics and be very successful as an accurate passer. At the D1 level the DBs are much quicker and more athletic, an open reciever in HS is an invitation to an INT at the high college level.

I wonder if the schools that have looked at him have simply decided that he has a D2 arm.

Really? Zero? How does that equate? I'm not saying production is even a huge aspect of recruiting, but how can you say production at QB has zero weight in recruiting?

Posters saying production equates to nothing are plain wrong. What recruiters look at is production/poise against various levels of competition. You need big games/big stats against the very best you play. Rolling bottom feeders does't account for much. That said, while he plays at the highest level of football in NM, that competition MIGHT be equal to lower level 4A here and Colorado competition is middle of the road nationally. He's a decent QB. Not sure why a crappy D1 does't give him a shot. He could certainly play at an FCS school. Weird.

Posters saying production equates to nothing are plain wrong. What recruiters look at is production/poise against various levels of competition. You need big games/big stats against the very best you play. Rolling bottom feeders does't account for much. That said, while he plays at the highest level of football in NM, that competition MIGHT be equal to lower level 4A here and Colorado competition is middle of the road nationally. He's a decent QB. Not sure why a crappy D1 does't give him a shot. He could certainly play at an FCS school. Weird.
You have to understand the context of those statements. A lot of kids put up big stats at the high school level. It is more of a red flag if a kid struggles than a big positive if a kid dominates. The measurables and how the coaches like the kid as a person become a lot more important once the board is being formed.

Back