What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX QB Chason Virgil (Verbal to Fresno State)

If Mullen left for a better job and took Virgil with him, it wouldn't be the craziest thing that has ever happened in recruiting.

Lane pulled a lot of that when he left Tennessee for USC.

I take this back. Just read through the tweets from Virgil's HS Coach. Mullen did the kid wrong.

It doesn't make any sense for Mullen to do that; this is going to be negative recruiting GOLD for anyone facing MSU in a battle.

Please doesn't even cover it. Damn. We could use this young man this week if we had him. Need the running threat, throws well to all area of the field, keeps eyes downfield even when on the run.

NEED.

Looks like we were his 2nd choice back in May. With MSU now out of the picture, I hope he remembers us fondly. Definite need.

sure the hell hope CU's coaches are aware of the situation and are making him feel wanted-

Just thinking that is who he was referring to. And of course there is that little detail of him not being a Buff.... yet

From phone

Just saw this news. We need to get after this kid and make room for him in this class.

Did he ever visit when we were supposedly in the top 2? Do we have room from last year's class if he enrolls early?

Did he ever visit when we were supposedly in the top 2? Do we have room from last year's class if he enrolls early?

Don't think there is any issue between numbers from last year or this year since we won't have a full class of 25 anyways. Bigger issue is fitting in to the 85.

That said he looks to be good enough that if he wants to come you figure out how to make him fit.

Not as bad as Chason got screwed though

I know it wasn't as bad, especially since Shay didn't re-arrange his life to graduate early like Chason... I'm just hoping for a similar result. Let's take all the kids who got screwed by HS coaches and form a new team culture centered on revenge, lol

I know it wasn't as bad, especially since Shay didn't re-arrange his life to graduate early like Chason... I'm just hoping for a similar result. Let's take all the kids who got screwed by HS coaches and form a new team culture centered on revenge, lol

Would be a bad idea actually.

Oh wait that's exactly what we are doing right now.

Come on over to the Buffs, Chason!

241f90e35f55f94583455a516dab05f5.jpg

So pretty much all we know for sure right now is that MSU has passed on him, right? We have no idea what happened there, or what his top choices are at this stage - correct?

I can't imagine it's academic issues. MSU is known for taking anybody who can fog a mirror. I seem to remember a couple years ago they signed a 32 person class.

So pretty much all we know for sure right now is that MSU has passed on him, right? We have no idea what happened there, or what his top choices are at this stage - correct?

I can't imagine it's academic issues. MSU is known for taking anybody who can fog a mirror. I seem to remember a couple years ago they signed a 32 person class.

MSU got him to commit in May. He didn't go on other visits. In fact, he told everyone he was firm. His senior year, he had 35 passing TDs against 6 INTs while rushing for another 8 TDs. At MSU's request, he pushed on his academics so that he could graduate early at the end of this semester. 16 days before his graduation, MSU came back and pulled his scholarship. They wanted him to greyshirt after having him graduate early because they've got 31 guys committed. He told them to pound sand.

Actions have consequences, "coach" Mullen.

[tweet]535964701071802368[/tweet]

We'll take the lb too lol. Seriously hope we get back in on Virgil, we need as much comp at qb as possible.

Back