What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX QB Steven Montez (Signed to COLORADO)

That's kind of interesting. I wonder what most kids' reactions are when they commit before the season. Do they start preparing for their college career with added purpose or do they breathe a sigh of relief and take it easy?

Hopefully Montez hits the weight room and comes screaming into camp next fall with drive and purpose.

His dad never rested or waited for anything to happen...he would go make it happen. I am sure he is like his dad in this regard so we CU fans should be very delighted with this recruit and it could be a huge get by the time he graduates from CU!!!!! Very excited about this commitment!

27 TDs against 3 INTs as a junior. I think it was 7 TDs on the ground to go with that. (Trying to remember stats without looking them up.)

Highly efficient and a playmaker. Tall, good arm, throws a very catchable ball, and he's got some shake 'n bake to go with some real speed.

Upside is incredibly high on this one.

I'm happy.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

His dad never rested or waited for anything to happen...he would go make it happen. I am sure he is like his dad in this regard so we CU fans should be very delighted with this recruit and it could be a huge get by the time he graduates from CU!!!!! Very excited about this commitment!

I think this point is potentially exciting. It's a bit like taking an in-state kid in that his father was a Colorado small school legend, who got NFL time as a QB. I like the roots, the genes, and the attitude. A chip on his shoulder mentality. A kid who's family roots go back in Colorado a lot longer than most fan's.

HELL YEAH!!!

Welcome to the black and gold! We've got our QB!

:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:
:dance5::dance5:
:rock3:

We have an office in El Paso and I am there 4 or 5 times a year. One of my closest friends in our company was a big star in HS as a QB and SS in Baseball in ELP. He has always said the level of competition for baseball in ELP and the surrounding area is top notch. Football is to say the least, no so much, Del Valle is a big school, 5A and according to the locals they cannot compete with any of the west TX bullies even though ELP is the biggest town. In fact in the history of Texas HS football no team form ELP has even played for a title. The lone exception to that was a small religious only special classification in 2011 but never a public school in a standard 1-5A classification. The kid looks like he has some great skills hopefully we can coach him up

We have an office in El Paso and I am there 4 or 5 times a year. One of my closest friends in our company was a big star in HS as a QB and SS in Baseball in ELP. He has always said the level of competition for baseball in ELP and the surrounding area is top notch. Football is to say the least, no so much, Del Valle is a big school, 5A and according to the locals they cannot compete with any of the west TX bullies even though ELP is the biggest town. In fact in the history of Texas HS football no team form ELP has even played for a title. The lone exception to that was a small religious only special classification in 2011 but never a public school in a standard 1-5A classification. The kid looks like he has some great skills hopefully we can coach him up

Damn. Do you think you can get your coworker to call or email Coach Mac before it's too late???? If only our staff looked into things like this before deciding to offer. By the way, is this your coworker?

randmid_1287174275_unclerico.jpg

Damn. Do you think you can get your coworker to call or email Coach Mac before it's too late???? If only our staff looked into things like this before deciding to offer. By the way, is this your coworker?

View attachment 14360

Whatever, earlier in the thread someone asked about the "level of competition" and its not that high. That factors into the 2* rating, does it mean the kid can't play ? hell no. It does however mean that he is not playing against top defenses, and his HS coaching is in all likelihood not 5* either. The guy I was talking about was a helluva an athlete, his team won the city of ELP's only team state title in any team sport at that time (Baseball) He also got a full ride to play QB at SMU and gave it up to play minor league baseball. He is very dialed in in his hometown. I hope the kid is great, but facts are facts when your dealing with 17 and 18 year olds the odds are he is more Adam Bledsoe then he even a guy like Joel Klatt.

Whatever, earlier in the thread someone asked about the "level of competition" and its not that high. That factors into the 2* rating, does it mean the kid can't play ? hell no. It does however mean that he is not playing against top defenses, and his HS coaching is in all likelihood not 5* either. The guy I was talking about was a helluva an athlete, his team won the city of ELP's only team state title in any team sport at that time (Baseball) He also got a full ride to play QB at SMU and gave it up to play minor league baseball. He is very dialed in in his hometown. I hope the kid is great, but facts are facts when your dealing with 17 and 18 year olds the odds are he is more Adam Bledsoe then he even a guy like Joel Klatt.

Doubt he's a 2* much longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I believe his dad is his position coach...but I could be wrong

Last edited:

I was just giving you a hard time because your post had a funny side to it. Everyone has that coworker at their job. But to actually take the hometown hero's anecdotal evidence and put it in a recruits thread after his verbal made me laugh. Nothing malicious intended.

Back