What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX RB Patrick Carr (Signed to COLORADO)

Just because he's listed on Rivals having an offer doesn't mean he still has that offer

I haven't followed football recruiting for long and I'm curious about some of the late commit dramas. Certainly, the coaching staffs aren't going to proactively notify the player that the offer is off the table with recruiting being so fluid. It's quite possible that a kid may believe he holds an offer from a program that may not accept his sig on signing day, no?

I haven't followed football recruiting for long and I'm curious about some of the late commit dramas. Certainly, the coaching staffs aren't going to proactively notify the player that the offer is off the table with recruiting being so fluid. It's quite possible that a kid may believe he holds an offer from a program that may not accept his sig on signing day, no?
Absolutely, and it seems to happen a couple times a year where a kid makes a public announcement only to find out he didn't have an offer

Obviously,but I would think if he did have an offer, our if there was a chance, he would have tripped there
A. He could have.
b. No need to trip there if he's been hanging around the program each weekend.

Not it saying he has. But not having an officially reported OV there is not much of a reason to discount them.

A. He could have.
b. No need to trip there if he's been hanging around the program each weekend.

Not it saying he has. But not having an officially reported OV there is not much of a reason to discount them.
Not having a OV there isn't the only thing I've researched. There just isn't anything out there right now. Be my guest to find something, but I haven't been able to.

This article brings home how big this need is. It measured explosive running backs. Out of all running backs in the nation,the TOP Colorado back was Tony Jones. at 189. Powell at 207, Adkins at 215, and Lindsay at 228.

Granted, the total number measured was in the low 600's, but man, not having anyone in the upper echelon really hurts the offense.

http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2015/2/2/7959095/college-football-running-back-stats-melvin-gordon

So in other words if you have 4 roll playing running backs, you really don't have a RB. That's because we don't.

Last edited:
Not having a OV there isn't the only thing I've researched. There just isn't anything out there right now. Be my guest to find something, but I haven't been able to.

Could be he's playing it tight like HCMM is with the DC search.

I sure like this guy, but with all due respect, if his listed offers are still accurate I really doubt that he's coming here. I'm trying to be positive but this one is a stretch. I'd give greater odds on the WR Kelly.

I sure like this guy, but with all due respect, if his listed offers are still accurate I really doubt that he's coming here. I'm trying to be positive but this one is a stretch. I'd give greater odds on the WR Kelly.
He doesn't have many of those offers still, we have a good shot. Only known official visit and NSD is tomorrow. He could wait, but Adam said he doesn't like the process so I don't see him dragging it out.

Cool, thanks. Hope we get him. Let's get better at running the ball.

I don't know if people saw this or if it was just me... but i believe he is announcing tomorrow per a tweet I saw a few hours ago

I know someone else is doing these but,

[tweet]562968243800121346[/tweet]

Very sweet pickup. This class is starting to look better all the time. Carr is a stud. Doubt he RS although perhaps one of the other RBs in the class will, or will get switched to another position.

Big time late addition to this class. Welcome aboard Patrick! Arkansas loss is our gain!!!!

What a great start to the day finally... Welcome young Buff, you are going to love COLORADO

Great news. This means Gordon should definitely RS and get used to this level and that we should have 5 viable backs with Baltazar. Who is the odd man out this year? The good news is there is flashes from all but could really use a stud #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, indeed. This one just kind of came out of the blue. At least for me it did. I see he is a Troy Walters recruit. Way to go Coach Walters!!

Allsome! :rock: What a great surprise! I was pretty down from all of our recent recruiting losses, this helps!

Back