What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX RB Patrick Carr (Signed to COLORADO)

Got a really good feeling about him. Going to be a major part of turning us around.

“I believe he chose Colorado for the challenge,” Carr’s mother Sofia Burns said. “He was very adamant, saying, ‘I can do this. I can help turn this program around.’ What can you say as a parent when your child says that, and shows that much dedication?”

Just awesome. Need more guys like this. Do you want to be just another player or do you want to be a key player that turned around a program? Just another easy to root for guy, Mac has added plenty of those to the program.

Got a really good feeling about him. Going to be a major part of turning us around.

Just awesome. Need more guys like this. Do you want to be just another player or do you want to be a key player that turned around a program? Just another easy to root for guy, Mac has added plenty of those to the program.

Wow, that's a hell of a quote. Totally get why guys want to go to the football factories, but hearing something like that is incredibly refreshing. The exact thing I'd ideally like to hear from a kid signing with the Buffs. Seems like quite a player, and add that in, love it.

I really wish more kids were like that. It's probably not analogous but when I play sports video games I always prefer building a terrible team into a contender. High school kids are a lot more black and white though, they typically want to be on the winning side right away. Have to respect a kid who has the confidence to believe they can be part of the solution.

Looks like we have an outstanding young man who likes challenges. He'll go far in life. Welcome to the Buffalo Nation.

I really wish more kids were like that. It's probably not analogous but when I play sports video games I always prefer building a terrible team into a contender. High school kids are a lot more black and white though, they typically want to be on the winning side right away. Have to respect a kid who has the confidence to believe they can be part of the solution.

Sounds like the kind of kid who doesn't put much stock in new uniforms as a recruitment tool.

He told the coaches he wanted to be a Buff before boarding his plane. Step parents wanted him to visit another school first. He wanted to be a Buff. Went to his biological mom, wanted to be a Buff. She signed. Sealed it.

Good news is the step parents are now all on board as well, really appreciated the efforts by staff. All's well that ends well. This kid really is a sign that things are turning off of the "mat". 2015 we are moving up!

Awesome indeed. Finally feel like things are looking up!

I want better than speedy talent. I hope he has it.
Despite the size similarities, I don't think they are similar runners. Speedy just didn't have the top end speed Carr does. He had amazing short area quicks and was very strong for his size though.

Despite the size similarities, I don't think they are similar runners. Speedy just didn't have the top end speed Carr does. He had amazing short area quicks and was very strong for his size though.

Speedy may hold a world record for most steps taken in a 20-yard run.

His 20-yard runs were the equivalent to running 30/40 with all his cuts.

I love the kid's confidence...he believes he can turn the program around. Hope he provides that weapon we've been lacking in the backfield!

I hope Carr doesn't suffer from the same "turf dragon tackles" that Speedy did. I've never seen a player trip over his own feet more than Speedy did in the open field. I agree he had amazing short area quicks - bordering on elite, but it was like he didn't know what to do when the field opened up in front of him.

I hope Carr doesn't suffer from the same "turf dragon tackles" that Speedy did. I've never seen a player trip over his own feet more than Speedy did in the open field. I agree he had amazing short area quicks - bordering on elite, but it was like he didn't know what to do when the field opened up in front of him.

The craziest thing about Speedy is that if you look at his size and skill set, you'd never guess that he was a much better short yardage runner than he was an open field runner.

The more I read about him the more excited I get! The Woodlands all time rushing leader? 16A-6A Texas Player of the Year? He could have gone to the SEC, and he picked us over a Texas school?? Sign me up man, favorite player of the past 3 classes (only slightly more so than Shay).

Its up to the sports perforance staff to fix stuff like that, through analysis, then proper drills and exercises. Pittman had his charges, Speedy among them, push wheelbarrows or run stairs. I don't think Forman will make that mistake with Carr, who runs well anyway.

All I know is he ran a 10.5 100 at 5'9". That's crazy. Jesus, no telling what he'd run if he had a longer stride.

Speedy did not get a lot of lift in his stride. Sometime it looked like he was dragging his feet.

Back