What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX RB Patrick Carr (Signed to COLORADO)

[video=youtube;D-RtgcWOT2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-RtgcWOT2E[/video]

Comments as a junior entering the recruiting process. And about 15-20 LBS. ago.... ;)

Just watched his Hudle highlights again and that dude is the bomb. IF he can stay healthy he could break some records at CU and be an every down back. Love how he runs North South, has great vision, great burst and an extra gear to take it the house. Whoever said he is on the caliber of PRich, at least on film, was right IMHO.

It will be interesting to see how he can break arm tackles at the P5 level. Looks like a perfect player for Oregon, but we haven't been as good at getting our play-makers in space to let them go to work. Based on his competition level in HS though, I have high hopes. You can't teach speed. I would love nothing more than him coming in as a total stud and making HCMM and Lindgren rethink their running back by committee approach.

It will be interesting to see how he can break arm tackles at the P5 level. Looks like a perfect player for Oregon, but we haven't been as good at getting our play-makers in space to let them go to work. Based on his competition level in HS though, I have high hopes. You can't teach speed. I would love nothing more than him coming in as a total stud and making HCMM and Lindgren rethink their running back by committee approach.
What other playmakers have we had? PRich has been the only proven one, and I thought Lindgren did a good job getting him the ball where he could make a play.

What other playmakers have we had? PRich has been the only proven one, and I thought Lindgren did a good job getting him the ball where he could make a play.
I'm thinking DD Goodson or Donovan Lee. Neither are proven and I'm sure I'm over valuing DD but other teams seem to do better at getting those kinds of quick, small, waterbug types the ball with a little room so they can get to work. Oregon lives off of this style as they often have undersized RBs with speed to burn.

I would love nothing more than to eat my words though. We have some guys that should be able to make plays on offense this year so it will be exciting to see how they use them. If Patrick can come in and be one of those playmakers from day one, all the better for the Buffs.

Once Sefo learns to get the ball to the right guy on each play, we'll have a very solid offense. We have decent offensive weapons and the OL is finally coming together. This has the makings of a very solid year, offensively.

I'm thinking DD Goodson or Donovan Lee. Neither are proven and I'm sure I'm over valuing DD but other teams seem to do better at getting those kinds of quick, small, waterbug types the ball with a little room so they can get to work. Oregon lives off of this style as they often have undersized RBs with speed to burn.

I would love nothing more than to eat my words though. We have some guys that should be able to make plays on offense this year so it will be exciting to see how they use them. If Patrick can come in and be one of those playmakers from day one, all the better for the Buffs.
The problem with DD is that he is so damn short it is extremely tough to get him the ball outside of the backfield. Oregon may have undersized backs, but I doubt they had many 5'6" (maybe) backs. You could see them trying to get the ball to Lee in space, and sometimes it worked, but I think he was a bit overwhelmed last year.

The problem with DD is that he is so damn short it is extremely tough to get him the ball outside of the backfield. Oregon may have undersized backs, but I doubt they had many 5'6" (maybe) backs. You could see them trying to get the ball to Lee in space, and sometimes it worked, but I think he was a bit overwhelmed last year.

I also think that DD had appropriately sized hands for how small he was. That doesn't help when trying to catch a football.

tumblr_mckghphERt1qzmi64o1_500.png

Just watched his Hudle highlights again and that dude is the bomb. IF he can stay healthy he could break some records at CU and be an every down back. Love how he runs North South, has great vision, great burst and an extra gear to take it the house. Whoever said he is on the caliber of PRich, at least on film, was right IMHO.

Just watched them again myself and he ran 75 yards in full pads while dodging defenders in 7 seconds. That equates to like a 3.7 40. They don't speed those things up, do they? Seriously, still flew by defenders. Definitely a burner. Can't wait to see him in the B&G.

Tony Jones was pretty good in this offense last year. I see Carr filling that void next season.

Just watched them again myself and he ran 75 yards in full pads while dodging defenders in 7 seconds. That equates to like a 3.7 40. They don't speed those things up, do they? Seriously, still flew by defenders. Definitely a burner. Can't wait to see him in the B&G.
3.7. That's pretty fast.

Once Sefo learns to get the ball to the right guy on each play, we'll have a very solid offense. We have decent offensive weapons and the OL is finally coming together. This has the makings of a very solid year, offensively.

Hopeful on the OL and on Sefo making better decisions. If the OL play is better Sefo won't feel the pressure to make plays as fast and will be able to make better decisions, hopefully that will cut back on the bad INTs as well.

Also if we can be more consistent and diverse on offense we can more effectively control the ball. Reduce our 3 and out possessions along with the turnovers and we help the defense a lot, maybe help cover up for some of our lack of depth.

The realist in me says that we are still a ways away from being competitive in the PAC12 but the optimist in me says that we missed some wins last year by small margins. It wouldn't take huge improvements for us to start turning some of those close losses into wins and this program needs wins more than anything else right now.

It looks like he grabs the football as a baton in a 4x100M track race.

#Carr4Heisman

This kid is EB talent.
I assume you are referring to EB as an RB at CU as opposed to an OC at CU :)

The thing that impresses so much on the video is that he is playing against top tier talent in TX, probably somewhere between FCS and CSU.

This kid is EB talent.

Going old dude.... But EB (Eric Bieniemy) beat Nebraska, calling upon his own dogged will. Fumbled 4 times, in the rain, and never "gave in", that Buffs were going to win this game! Sacky was there so I have a witness :nod:.

Not handing this torch to Patrick obviously as he has yet to wear the Black and Gold, but I do believe that one player can turn around a program if he is like EB was in that moment at Nebraska. He dominated Neb in THE 4TH QUARTER, because he refused to fail! Their house. In a steady rain. Among the cheering NEB faithful.

Never will forget what a performance he conjured up from pure struggle and 3 quarters of failure.

* And importantly the team standing with him as he struggled, which furthered his resolve, no doubt.

http://www.cuatthegame.com/1990/cu-vs-nebraska-nov-3-1990/

Last edited:
The over-hype is getting a bit much. It's to the point where I can't tell if some of the posts are sarcastic.

The over-hype is getting a bit much. It's to the point where I can't tell if some of the posts are sarcastic.
Throwing him the EB mantle would be the greatest thing ever, but he needs to prove it on the field. It is not just about demonstrating high school skills that work as college level skills - EB had 'want to' like very few people I have ever met in my life.

Between this board and rivals, some impartial observer would think we're competing for a natty next year.

Oh well, I won't be the one peeing in the kool-aid. :thumbsup:

Throwing him the EB mantle would be the greatest thing ever, but he needs to prove it on the field. It is not just about demonstrating high school skills that work as college level skills - EB had 'need to' like very few people I have ever met in my life.

FIFY. Lots of guys have "want to", its the "need to" guys that take it to the next level.

I like the guy and think he can be very good but EB? He's gotta earn that man. Plus EB was about 200 pounds even being that short. Power runner really.

Back