What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX WR Akilian Butler (Verbal to Boise State)

KyleM.

Recruiting Moderator
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

247 Sports

967443.JPG

West Mesquite HS (Mesquite, Texas)

Ht: 5'10
Wt: 179
40: 4.55

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr
Scout rating: 3*
ESPN rating: 3*
247 Sports rating: 3*-86 rating; #80 WR

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Clemson

Last edited by a moderator:
Buffs offered today per his HS team, another one in the DFW area. Seems strong on film. Maybe I'm crazy here, but he looks taller than the 5-10 Rivals lists. Colorado is the second school to offer. Butler didn't have monster junior numbers, but appears to be picking up steam.

[tweet]437249096584138752[/tweet]

http://bit.ly/1pr4WKZ

Brief interview with Akilian Butler. He said Brian Lindgren extended the CU offer. Butler is planning on being in Boulder for the spring game on April 12. He mentioned his brother, Josh, a three-star cornberback with major interest and West Mesquite's quarterback Chason Virgil, who has solid offers. Butler said he thinks both are being recruited by Colorado, but there's not much on the Internet to back that up.

I think there's a good chance that the Butler brothers might be a package deal that comes down to Colorado vs. Boise State if A&M takes a pass on them. Colorado is the early leader for Akilian, but Boise State is likely the early leader for Josh due to the Dylan Sumner-Gardner/Marcel Yates connections.

I wonder if Boise State getting a commitment from Brett Rypien might sway Akilian's thinking a bit. I'm hoping at least. I really wanted Shay Fields that you guys snatched up with last year's class.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up elsewhere than Boise but good pick up if they keep him.

Back