What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 UT DT Boogie Sewell (Verbal to Weber State)

Spoke to Desert Hills head coach Carl Franke regarding Boogie and Gabriel Sewell http://bit.ly/1rWiYUh ($)

Franke said Oklahoma loved both, but couldn't offer due to height requirements. He called Boogie an "absolute steal" for Colorado.

Thanks Kyle. That was a good interview with Coach Franke regarding Boogie and Gabe. Cleared up some questions that I had about where Boogie may be used on our dline.

You guys are killing it over there at Rivals with all the content.

OU has a height requirement?

Maybe they should implement a conduct requirement.

Some of the elites get locked into their box on minimum requirements for positions. This happened with Mike Williams, the WR who was an All-American at USC. He was from Florida. Canes didn't even offer him because he didn't meet their speed requirements. FSU and UF offered, but not to play WR (didn't meet speed requirements). Pete Carroll said "you're fast enough for me" and signed himself a superstar.

Boogie rushed for a short-yardage TD in Desert Hills' opener, bet that was awesome

Caught up with Boogie after his official. He talked about #polyrado.

"I know them all, we've played football together. It was me, Tuli [Wily-Matagi], T.J. [Fehoko], Mika [Tafua], Gabe [Sewell], we all knew each other so it was fun. Me and T.J. already committed and we're all like 'why don't we just all come over here already, why don't we just commit.'"

http://rvls.co/1vZvaDZ

Last edited:

"I know them all, we've played football together. It was me, Tuli [Wily-Matag], T.J. [Fehoko], Mika [Tafua], Gabe [Sewell], we all knew each other so it was fun. Me and T.J. already committed and we're all like 'why don't we just all come over here already, why don't we just commit.'"

Since Kyle has already teased this, I won't say more, but damn, that's a positive article on multiple fronts.

"I know them all, we've played football together. It was me, Tuli [Wily-Matagi], T.J. [Fehoko], Mika [Tafua], Gabe [Sewell], we all knew each other so it was fun. Me and T.J. already committed and we're all like 'why don't we just all come over here already, why don't we just commit.'"

Rep whore... who am I to judge. Rep sent. #Polyrado!

Look at his twitter page.. It seems like he might be second guessing. Sounds like the staff didn't tell him about Baer/Larussa leaving.

Look at his twitter page.. It seems like he might be second guessing. Sounds like the staff didn't tell him about Baer/Larussa leaving.
I would avoid looking into comments by a 17 year old on Twitter

Unless he has an offer we don't know about it wouldn't make much sense to switch.

Offer list isn't highly impressive.

If he changes his mind, it's ok. As long as he contact Coach Mac of his intention early; I'm sure coaches (Baer and Andy) discussed it with Coach Mac behind close doors; CU commits must understand if coaches change in Colorado, it will also happen in other colleges of their choices. You can go anywhere but there is no place like Boulder.

Reactions: aik
If he changes his mind, it's ok. As long as he contact Coach Mac of his intention early; I'm sure coaches (Baer and Andy) discussed it with Coach Mac behind close doors; CU commits must understand if coaches change in Colorado, it will also happen in other colleges of their choices. You can go anywhere but there is no place like Boulder.

Lots of correct here.

I can understand kids making a commitment to a school in part because of the relationships with the coaching staff.

At the same time they need to understand that coaching is a transitory business, especially with assistants. Statistically speaking most college football players don't finish their career at a school with the same head coach. Guys move up into better jobs or get fired for not winning enough or just retire. Assistants change jobs even more often.

The kids ability to change schools is much more limited than the coaches so their first priority should be is the school the right fit moreso than is the coach or his assistants the right fit.

New data came out recently that 65% of recruits do not end up playing for the same head coach their entire college career.

I know it's hard to get the message through to teenagers, but the best advice is to commit to a school/program/place rather than committing to a coach.

Good stat Nik... Very tough for 16, 17 and 18 year old kids to see the coaches that sat in their living rooms so many times and made promises to them, leave the school and not live up to the "promises" they made. Such is life in the coaching business but it doesn't make it easier for a young recruit.

I'm sure MM and the rest of his staff have reached out to the La Russa and Baer recruits and assured them "everything will be OK".

Back