What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 UT DT Boogie Sewell (Verbal to Weber State)

I think Boogie is going to be a beast for us. Truly. It's not easy to move that kind of a guy around. Plug him in the middle of the line and let the outside guys do their thing. I think he really solidifies the middle of the DL in a way we haven't seen in a very long time. I'm very excited about his potential.

We have not had that anchor on the D line for awhile now. Looking forward to his arrival and early contribution

"I'm sure MM and the rest of his staff have reached out to the La Russa and Baer recruits and assured them "everything will be OK"."

This is an NCAA recruiting dead time. No contact with recruits is allowed so I doubt the coaches have been able to reach out. Hopefully the defensive recruits understand this lack of contact, the strictness of the NCAA rules can be a little confusing though.

"I'm sure MM and the rest of his staff have reached out to the La Russa and Baer recruits and assured them "everything will be OK"."

This is an NCAA recruiting dead time. No contact with recruits is allowed so I doubt the coaches have been able to reach out. Hopefully the defensive recruits understand this lack of contact, the strictness of the NCAA rules can be a little confusing though.

There are ways to legally get around it though.

Recruits are still able to initiate contact with the coaches. Coaches can legally contact a HS coach and ask the HS coach to have the recruit initiate contact with the coaches.

There are ways to legally get around it though.

Recruits are still able to initiate contact with the coaches. Coaches can legally contact a HS coach and ask the HS coach to have the recruit initiate contact with the coaches.

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

Thanks Nik, they have changed the rule. Used to be in the dead period coaches couldn't make the call. Makes sense to have changed that rule because it would be ridiculous to try to enforce it.

Was the offer pulled? Rivals no longer shows that we have offered him. I was a bit surprised that we did in the first place. I'm not sure how successful a 5'10 DT could be in the Pac 12.

Was the offer pulled? Rivals no longer shows that we have offered him. I was a bit surprised that we did in the first place. I'm not sure how successful a 5'10 DT could be in the Pac 12.

Maaaayybbee whoever we have lined up for the DC position suggested we pull his offer to allow him more time to visit other schools before said DC coaches in a big game a week from Sunday?

Maaaayybbee whoever we have lined up for the DC position suggested we pull his offer to allow him more time to visit other schools before said DC coaches in a big game a week from Sunday?

wow... hopeful conspiracy theories. Is this what Buff fans have devolved to?

And, regarding Sewell, I have no information about why his commitment has changed, but I wish him the best in whatever is next for him.

Wish him the best on his college career. We need to recruit guys that are committed to the school not just to a coach.

Last edited:
Sucks for him. He seemed to be estatic to be a buff, but it's hard to be his size and successful in the Pac-12.

So CU has backed away from the last two decommits.

But it has nothing to do with Baer leaving? Or the lack of a named DC?

Strange coincidence.

So CU has backed away from the last two decommits.

But it has nothing to do with Baer leaving? Or the lack of a named DC?

Strange coincidence.

I would think that Baer & LaRussa being primary on these guys had an influence.

Back