What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 Australia PF Harry Froling (Verbal to SMU)

I refuse to acknowledge anything until Froling posts something.
6321775192_7112bbce38.jpg

Given he has family there, it isn't a surprise. Still, not sure I would personally go to a school that I know is one slip up away from another post season ban.

Could totally see him transferring here after his sisters graduate & LB inevitably gets in trouble again or wears out his welcome as he always does.

Ugh. Apparently he does not value our advice. Or Nate's. Or SHT's. On the bright side, it isn't AZ.

Larry Brown is 73. I would question if he is going to be coaching me at age 77 if I were to sign at SMU.
I agree with you about questioning if Larry is still there in 4 years, especially with sanctions coming down eventually.

Also worth considering though if Froling expects to be there in 4 years. Big man with some touch and athletic enough play a 4 or a 5. He may be expect to be in the NBA long before Larry is 77.

I'll be 77 in June ... workout three times a week and walk the dog 2 1/2 miles every day ... still working and feeling great. Age is a number.
Hi. I noticed your roof recently was damaged in a hail storm. I can be over there tomorrow with a crew and we will replace the entire roof for 1/3 the cost of anyone. Great deal right? Just need a Paypal payment of 1152.21 so I can buy the materials to get started. Let me know, I have 6 other offers on the books and others are pouring in! Start tomorrow?

Hi. I noticed your roof recently was damaged in a hail storm. I can be over there tomorrow with a crew and we will replace the entire roof for 1/3 the cost of anyone. Great deal right? Just need a Paypal payment of 1152.21 so I can buy the materials to get started. Let me know, I have 6 other offers on the books and others are pouring in! Start tomorrow?
Thanks, but I have a composite roof that hall stones just bounce off of ... but you are welcome to climb up and jump off of it ... Go Buffs

Larry Brown is 73. I would question if he is going to be coaching me at age 77 if I were to sign at SMU.

Actually, Larry is 75 and will be turning 76 when Mr. Froling steps on campus next September. I'm surprised this hasn't hurt recruiting more, but this may be the last year it doesn't.

Last edited:
Actually, Larry is 75 and will be turning 76 when Mr. Fooling steps on campus next September. I'm surprised this hasn't hurt recruiting more, but this may be the last year it doesn't.

It's not so much Larry Brown's age but the fact that he hasn't lasted more than 6 yrs at any coaching job in his 44 yrs of being a head coach. Next season will be LB's 5th season at SMU. If he stays for all of Froling's career, it will be his longest tenured HC job ever. Now add in the loss of scholarships, probation, & his age.

You know, I'm sure that every program that goes up against SMU negative recruits on Larry's age. And he's had no trouble getting dudes. Obviously he and the program have a good answer for this. Probably related to his bench coach being the heir apparent and leaving a head coach job for this position at SMU.

You know, I'm sure that every program that goes up against SMU negative recruits on Larry's age. And he's had no trouble getting dudes. Obviously he and the program have a good answer for this. Probably related to his bench coach being the heir apparent and leaving a head coach job for this position at SMU.

Or maybe just "I'm the greatest living basketball coach on the planet and you may be the last player to ever play for me"?

Or the $.

I'll be 77 in June ... workout three times a week and walk the dog 2 1/2 miles every day ... still working and feeling great. Age is a number.

Yeah, the number they're engraving on your tombstone in preparation for your eminent demise...

Larry is old.

Back