What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CA CB Lorenzo Burns (Signed to Arizona)

He's down to CU, Cal and Arizona after his official visit per Rivals.
Is the fact that he didn't outright commit after his visit a bad sign? I dunno. I remember a kid did the same last year only to commit a couple of days later. So, I guess I'm answering my own question. Forget I ever asked.

From that, I'd say it's between us and Cal with AZ third. He seems to value education and seems to think a Cal degree is a free ticket in life. He loves our facilities. If I were a CU recruiter, I'd work hard on selling our academics.

I actually got the sense from talking with him that Arizona might have a slight lead in his recruitment. But we shall see!

I actually got the sense from talking with him that Arizona might have a slight lead in his recruitment. But we shall see!
Shows how perceptive I am! I was obviously jaded by my low opinion of Arizona. Of course, that has zero to do with the fact my wife is a AZ grad. Even she admits it's an ugly campus.

Shows how perceptive I am! I was obviously jaded by my low opinion of Arizona. Of course, that has zero to do with the fact my wife is a AZ grad. Even she admits it's an ugly campus.

In fairness, the UofA campus is more attractive than its surrounding Tucson sprawl. It's amazing how a few palm trees makes all that cement and gravel really pop.

But it's such a pleasant place to live, especially in June, July, August, and September. Get a little breeze off the surrounding hills and you can feel like a roast in a convection oven.

Now, this will be a test for Mac. I assume he'll be doing the final in home visit. Let's see if he can close.

Gotta close. We can't afford to continually come in 2nd place to Pac 12 programs for these kinds of players.

Gotta close. We can't afford to continually come in 2nd place to Pac 12 programs for these kinds of players.

I hate Flo from Progressive but this is a great recruiting saying like Coffee is for Closers only from some movie nowhere cares about.

Last edited:
This is one of the most confusing posts I've read on allbuffs. And that's saying a lot.
The Buffs must close, coffee is for closers only. The Buffs need to quit being losers, sprinkles are for winners. No coffee and no ****ing sprinkles if the coaches can't close on a couple of these guys.

If the coaches at CU and UA already know which school he picked, it will leak before next Wednesday.

I think Bisharat is a more realistic reason he would decommitt. Burns will be a CB or WR.

I totally agree that Beau would make more sense. I just think that the timing of it all makes me think it's for Burns. Because when the report came out about Taylor decommitting it was right around the same time as the reports about Burns saying he has told the coaches of the school he is going to go too. Im probably totally wrong just thinkin.. Well actually its probably a lot more wishin than thinkin

I totally agree that Beau would make more sense. I just think that the timing of it all makes me think it's for Burns. Because when the report came out about Taylor decommitting it was right around the same time as the reports about Burns saying he has told the coaches of the school he is going to go too. Im probably totally wrong just thinkin.. Well actually its probably a lot more wishin than thinkin

I'm hoping we get both.

Back