What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CA SG Bryce Peters (Signed to Colorado)

That's a very big deal for CU. This program hasn't had many players who were McDonald's AAs. Maybe it sets a precedent/ lays a foundation.
Don't get too excited just yet. My understanding is that there are many more players NOMINATED for McDonald's All American game than are actually selected to PLAY in the game. All he is saying at this point is that he has been NOMINATED. That is definitely an honor but it isn't the level of actually playing.

Don't get too excited just yet. My understanding is that there are many more players NOMINATED for McDonald's All American game than are actually selected to PLAY in the game. All he is saying at this point is that he has been NOMINATED. That is definitely an honor but it isn't the level of actually playing.

You are correct. There are 300 players nominated and 24 selected. Still an honor. I like Peters, he is a very good player and an under the radar signing!!!

is he gonna get the mcdonalds spot?

He didn't get a spot. I wouldn't be too bummed though, he seems like the type of kid who wants to play with a chip on his shoulder. There are four players committed to PAC-12 schools on the McDonald's roster, and some uncommitted players that I don't know about:

Lonzo Ball (UCLA)
T.J. Leaf (UCLA)
Kobi Simmons (Arizona)
Markelle Fultz (Washington)

Game on Friday should be a good measuring stick for Bryce. Including Lonzo, there are three Ball brothers on Chino Hills, all of whom are already committed to UCLA.

Last edited:
Tough game for Bryce and the whole Damien squad tonight. Bryce Peters will be a good player, but tonight Lonzo Ball showed why he is a McDonald's All-American...

None the less ... I am very happy with Bryce Peters ... he more than held his own ... I saw Chino Hills play about a week ago on TV ... they are loaded across the board ... I think maybe they are the number 1 ranked HS team in the nation, but not sure of that ...

Stud. Best recruit we've signed in years imo.

We're crazy deep at Guard next year. We only lose Stalzer and add Derrick White, Peters, and DeLeon Brown. Minutes will be hard to come by

Stud. Best recruit we've signed in years imo.

We're crazy deep at Guard next year. We only lose Stalzer and add Derrick White, Peters, and DeLeon Brown. Minutes will be hard to come by
Xavier Talton is also a SR, but point is same because Stalzer doesn't get minutes.

If Peters is as good as he appears to be there will be plenty of minutes for him. I suspect that every position on the team with the possible exception of the post will be treated just like the SG/SF positions have been this year between King, Fortune and Fletcher.

Peter's is showing he can't be stopped against quality/top HS opposition. He should be a top 100 recruit. Tad may have found the steal of steals. I'm glad we got the commitment in ink. I'm not going to be suprised if he starts next year.

So stoked to be adding Bryce next year. He seems to be more in the mold of what Boyle likes from his guards. Size and handles and a good shot. Makes him incredibly tough to guard.

Well we got a pretty clutch player coming in next year.

In the California Open Division playoffs Damien beat Crespi in the first round. Despite being keyed out in a box-and-1 by high prospect Brandon Williams, Peters put up 23, with 4 end of the game free throws to clinch it.
http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/20...65-61-in-open-division-boys-basketball-opener
http://www.sgvtribune.com/sports/20160222/socal-prep-legends-athlete-of-the-week-bryce-peters-damien

In the second round they lost an overtime buzzer-beater to #4 in the country Bishop Montgomery. Peters hit a floater to send the game into overtime with 8 seconds left, and another baseline jumper with 14 seconds left (double-teamed) in overtime to put them up one. Finished with 18 in a tough grind-it-out low scoring match, guarded by #42 ranked 2017 prospect Ethan Thompson. See the vid here:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/la-sp-southern-section-quarters-20160224-column.html

Last edited:
Peters is under-rated at this point. I don't care whether some idot at ESPN says he's the #80 or the #800 guy, but I do care that it's obvious he's right there with players the sites rate above him.

Makes me think of Josh Scott in some ways. Isaiah Austin was ranked by everyone as a Top 10 prospect. Scott was somewhere in the Top 100. Scott absolutely destroyed Austin when they went head to head in summer competition. I knew that CU got a stud player (and the guy I'd rather have) regardless of what those services said.

I have watched Bryce play five times this year. He reminds me of Tyrone Wallace, who the Buffs just missed on 3 yrs ago. He can play both G positions. With King, White, Fortune and Bryce, I would not be surprised to see Dom's minutes reduced by Bryce and others. No doubt Bryce is a great get by Tad!

Gotta love his energy, heart, and range. That jumper is nice. In the terrible no good genre of mashing two players together to form your comparison: he's kind of a mix between Dinwiddie and Ski.

Back