What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CA SG Bryce Peters (Signed to Colorado)

Yep. This kid is legit. I think his game is going to be reminiscent of Cory Higgins.
I'm not trying to put unreachable expectations on him but I'm thinking along the lines of Spencer. He seems to have a great ability at getting to the rim and creating his own shot. But along with that he finishes well at the rim, has a good pull-up jumper, has great awareness and has the ability to draw fouls. Add to the fact that he shot 94% from the FT throw line this year and it's clear we got a good one.

I'm not trying to put unreachable expectations on him but I'm thinking along the lines of Spencer. He seems to have a great ability at getting to the rim and creating his own shot. But along with that he finishes well at the rim, has a good pull-up jumper, has great awareness and has the ability to draw fouls. Add to the fact that he shot 94% from the FT throw line this year and it's clear we got a good one.
So you're saying Bryce is gonna be like Chauncey?

Bahahaha!!! Judging from the highlights, I'd say we haven't ever had a player similar to Peters here at CU. He seems to be an explosive PG off the dribble, getting to the rim, pullups, and scoring in general. Seems to have some Alec Burks in him from a scoring perspective and some Chauncey in him from a handles perspective.

Seems like a lot of hype for a kid who is outside the top 100. I wonder if we are being a bit over optimistic.

Seems like a lot of hype for a kid who is outside the top 100. I wonder if we are being a bit over optimistic.
I worry about that too, but then, we have to get excited about something...so who cares if we put a little ever clear into our kool-aid for now.

Don't know who else on that list plays in his division, but I wouldn't be surprised if he also won the Wooden Award like Dinwiddie did. He's quite like Dinwiddie in his trajectory through high school. Much more of a scoring guard, but hey, we need those too. This kid can certainly create his own shot.

some people getting a little serious in this thread...

I worry about that too, but then, we have to get excited about something...so who cares if we put a little ever clear into our kool-aid for now.

I like Peters a lot, but I agree...I am worried that fans are expecting a lil too much from this kid off the bat. He looks really good, and I personally think he's more Burks than Dinwiddie. But...even top 50 kids don't always make a splash as freshmen. And to be honest, there's really nothing wrong with that. I'm not saying don't be excited about him though.

agreed, and i told him this almost a month ago.
full

How many players in Nova's rotation were Top 100 players? Any? Yet they stand out as an example of a superior TEAM.
So why the fixation on Top 100?

Back