What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CA WR Dymond Lee (Verbal to UCLA)

Well one more we don't have to worry about.
I dream of the day when we actually win a recruiting battle that matters again.

I remember a story about when John L. Smith was HC at Louisville. The beat reporter showed up on the first day of fall camp and John L. pointed to a QB and said: "That kid is going to be a great safety". The beat reporter asked, "Why is doing throwing drills with the QB's then?". John L. replied: "Because his Daddy hasn't gone home yet".

I remember a story about when John L. Smith was HC at Louisville. The beat reporter showed up on the first day of fall camp and John L. pointed to a QB and said: "That kid is going to be a great safety". The beat reporter asked, "Why is doing throwing drills with the QB's then?". John L. replied: "Because his Daddy hasn't gone home yet".

Speaking of John L Smith. When my cousin went to Michigan State and I went to Fort Lewis we never imagined that our football teams would be coached by the same guy.

Doesn't UCLA already have two QB commits? I just don't get this ****. Mora the sleazy salesman.

I just didn't know teams were recruiting his as a QB. I thought he switched position at Chaminade but maybe not. Huge let down but still time to make a move before signing day though.

Son, of course we told you that you could be a quarterback. Now we have a new formation just for you. Instead of you the quarterback lining up behind the center you line up outside and run a pass pattern. Somebody else throws you the ball and you run with it like a quarterback would if he were loose in the defensive backfield.

Yeah but wasn't that before his junior season? he didn't finish the season as the QB but who knows.

The tweet about Tulane wanting him as a QB came out on 4/7/15, so it was already after his Junior year. Clearly, he wants to play QB and if offering him a shot there is what gets his verbal and eventual signature, why not? What's UCLA got to lose by doing that? TBH, it's probably what CU should have done anyway.

To play devil's advocate for a minute: can someone point to a concrete example of Mora's underhandedness? I totally believe you guys from the impression he gives me, but I'd like an example.

To play devil's advocate for a minute: can someone point to a concrete example of Mora's underhandedness? I totally believe you guys from the impression he gives me, but I'd like an example.

http://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_br...nded-by-ucla-for-alleged-recruting-violations

fwiw, Klemm was the guy I wanted CU to hire as OL Coach. I think Duff was with me on that one. Considering the play of their OL and these problems, I'm eating some crow. Dude gets it done on the recruiting trail, though.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1777017

Recruiting notes: adidas California 7-on-7 (6/21)

Lee Still Listening

1697952.jpg

Dymond Lee
UCLA commit Dymond Lee, a four-star receiver from West Hills (Calif.) Chaminade, picked the Bruins earlier this month because they appear to be giving him the opportunity to come in as a quarterback.

Lee, though, said he wouldn't completely shut down the recruiting process. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound prospect intends to visit the first four schools that offered him: Colorado, Miami, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

Can CU tell him they are willing to give him the opportunity to come in as a quarterback, too?

They can but I would think UCLA has that pitch locked down. I think other teams have to convince him that ucla really doesn't want him as a qb and will move him to receiver very quickly so where does he really want to play receiver?

They can but I would think UCLA has that pitch locked down. I think other teams have to convince him that ucla really doesn't want him as a qb and will move him to receiver very quickly so where does he really want to play receiver?

Maybe he likes the idea of throwing to his brother at CU... Point is, give him a shot at QB if it gets him on campus, and maybe they'd be surprised.

Maybe he likes the idea of throwing to his brother at CU... Point is, give him a shot at QB if it gets him on campus, and maybe they'd be surprised.

Tell him that he has real talent at WR. Want to see him lined up next to his brother tearing up defenses. If he is set on playing the QB position, he will have every opportunity during fall camp to get on the depth chart at QB. If he doesn't make it, then he is going to be coached instead by a Biletnikoff winning WR.

Tell him that he has real talent at WR. Want to see him lined up next to his brother tearing up defenses. If he is set on playing the QB position, he will have every opportunity during fall camp to get on the depth chart at QB. If he doesn't make it, then he is going to be coached instead by a Biletnikoff winning WR.

That's the bottom line.

QB is the most important position in football. Of course any coach is going to give a great athlete a shot there if he's got experience and interest. Just like the CU coaches gave Awini (now a very promising LB) over a year at QB and even supported him attending a QB camp to develop his skills.

I don't think anyone is telling Lee "we're recruiting you exclusively as a WR and aren't willing to let you show us what you can do at QB".

Back