What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OT Ashton Torres (Verbal to Montana)

Aloha!! I wish I had the same problem. A scholarship offer from Hawaii when I was 17

I saw this kid at the Spring Game. He is a monster!!

Congrats. The first of many

I went to see my nephew from Mullen at the CSU team camp this Sunday. ( Mullen looking damn good!!!)

This kid Torres is dominant!!! This kid looked lighter than his video and was fast on his feet. He threw a four star DE around like he was nothing. The two got into a pretty good fight!! It was good stuff...
The CSU and UNC coaches were following him around the whole time. But I've not heard of any offers?

I did hear will be at the CU camp on June 13.

Mark my words. This kid is going to be a badass and I'm sure it will be in another State...

Reactions: aik
I went to see my nephew from Mullen at the CSU team camp this Sunday. ( Mullen looking damn good!!!)

This kid Torres is dominant!!! This kid looked lighter than his video and was fast on his feet. He threw a four star DE around like he was nothing. The two got into a pretty good fight!! It was good stuff...
The CSU and UNC coaches were following him around the whole time. But I've not heard of any offers?

Mark my words. This kid is going to be a badass and I'm sure it will be in another State...

Who was the 4-star DE?

Who was the 4-star DE?

My bad. He's a three star quarterback who also plays DE. I was not familiar with the kid until my nephew pointed him out.

I'd rather not say who because these guys are all kids working their butts off.

Last edited:

Why are you sure he'll be in another state?

My bad. He's a three star quarterback who also plays DE. I was not familiar with the kid until my nephew pointed him out.

I'd rather not say who because these guys are all kids working their butts off.

Well that definitely determines who it was haha.

Wonder if CSU offers. If not after he attended their camp, it'll tell you a lot about his future recruitment.

I just like his size and apparently he was hurt last year. Bernardi has shown the ability to develop players and we have a lot of bodies inside so he wouldn't have to come in and play right away. It seems to me like a lot of schools just take size on the o-line and develop them into players, kind of like what CSU has done over the years.

Again with the keep the CO kids in-state diatribe. Ashton Torres is a nice kid, hard working with a nasty streak. He has definitely benefited from his time at 60 Strength.

However, in his film he stands straight up on every play so pad level is a huge issue. He does not have quick feet. He seals the edge. He's strong, but he plays a ton of guys that were my size in HS. That doesn't translate to Pac 12. Let's see how he does at CUs camp before we say he is a must get. There are offers out there with good interest from some other OL.

First of all Thenell is a cheap shot artist. Maybe his antics at Bear Creek will cross over to Mullen, but I doubt it. He sucks as a coach. Secondly, he has been offered by UNC and works out at six zero strength. He's a good player, but we need to see some more this fall. Unless he has some Matt Lynch superpowers, I dont think out of state schools are going to be calling.

Again with the keep the CO kids in-state diatribe. Ashton Torres is a nice kid, hard working with a nasty streak. He has definitely benefited from his time at 60 Strength.

However, in his film he stands straight up on every play so pad level is a huge issue. He does not have quick feet. He seals the edge. He's strong, but he plays a ton of guys that were my size in HS. That doesn't translate to Pac 12. Let's see how he does at CUs camp before we say he is a must get. There are offers out there with good interest from some other OL.

Yeah but the kids we sign from out of state have issues as well, it's not like they are perfect. I was just saying that some teams take kids on size and develop them into players. It has worked well for csu and they have had two o lineman drafted in the last two years.

kid can move well for his size but all centennial league honors? All league is all politics and you have to keep in mind he is bullying around metro denver level kids., not exactly Texas, California, or Florida competition. The league that he plays in is sup par and to be completely honest, we should be able to get a better quality kid than him on the o-line. I get that hes in-state but i dont think hes a pac-12 caliber guy, i mean look at his offer list.

kid can move well for his size but all centennial league honors? All league is all politics and you have to keep in mind he is bullying around metro denver level kids., not exactly Texas, California, or Florida competition. The league that he plays in is sup par and to be completely honest, we should be able to get a better quality kid than him on the o-line. I get that hes in-state but i dont think hes a pac-12 caliber guy, i mean look at his offer list.

Yikes, here we go again with looking at a recruits other offers. Some AllBuffers are gonna get pissed at you!

To be completely honest, you have no idea what you're talking about. He may have played for a bad Cherokee Trail team last year, but the Centennial League is the top Colorado football league, and it's not really close. Your point about it not being Texas, CA, or FL competition is correct, but he has been, and will be, playing against the best competition in CO.

Very solid insight. I too hope Ashton does well wherever he ends up and I too believe Colorado rules!
I used to follow recruiting religiously but it has just lost its appeal to me. I tend to look at all the film and stories after they commit. If you never knew what you didn't have then you are happy for what you get.

I used to follow recruiting religiously but it has just lost its appeal to me. I tend to look at all the film and stories after they commit. If you never knew what you didn't have then you are happy for what you get.

Just like eyesight!

Back