What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OT Hunter Vaughn (Signed to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

Hunter%20V.jpg

Legend HS (Parker, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vaughn_hunter34

Ht: 6'8"
Wt: 270
40: 5.00

Rivals rating: 2*-5.4rr; unrated OT
Scout rating: 3*; #101 OT
ESPN rating: 3*-71 grade; #104 OG
247s rating: 3*-82 grade; #141 OT

Reported Offers: COLORADO, South Dakota State, Wyoming

Last edited by a moderator:
This offer makes a lot of sense. Gray Shirt offer, so his scholarship would count toward the huge 2017 class and he'd get those extra 6 months to develop without his eligibility clock starting.

Good offer, just have to wish we'd get our hands on some immediate contributors, but somewhere down the line guys like this are great to have.

Welcome to the Buffs young Mr. Vaughn. Awesome to see a another Colorado kid stay instate.

The crazy thing is that the person in that twitter photo is 260 pounds. He can play at 320 with that frame and not be fat.

Since CU isn't able to snag the guys with that frame who already weigh 320 lbs (like the USC's of the college football world), developing them -- especially through the GS route -- is the way to do things.

Much smarter way to build a roster than grabbing a 3* guy who doesn't have upside due to physical limitations (as most of our competitors in build-mode are doing and which always leads to failure).

The crazy thing is that the person in that twitter photo is 260 pounds. He can play at 320 with that frame and not be fat.

Think of Nate Solder. And this kid won't even be 18 until graduation. HUGE upside... we'll just have to be patient for him to develop... Gray shirt to be followed by a redshirt?

Gray shirt to be followed by a redshirt?

If at all possible, I would think. I wish we could do this for every lineman who wasn't immediately needed in the 2-deep. Makes for a more mature and seasoned player who knows the schemes and has grown into his body before he even plays a down, then has 4 years of eligibility left to use. Hopefully we are nearing the end of our years of playing true frosh linemen out of necessity.

Think of Nate Solder. And this kid won't even be 18 until graduation. HUGE upside... we'll just have to be patient for him to develop... Gray shirt to be followed by a redshirt?

We have quite a few of these guys in the program right now. I'm looking at the 2017 O-Line as a strength of the team, a lot of RS Sophomores and older.

Welcome Hunter!

We have quite a few of these guys in the program right now. I'm looking at the 2017 O-Line as a strength of the team, a lot of RS Sophomores and older.

Welcome Hunter!
Ugh. I've heard the OL will be a strength every year for the last 6 years and it's never true and no reason to believe it will be different.

If we're doing the "reminds me of" thing, it's Polumbus. Same size and build. Except Hunter will get another 18 months to get ready. Love this GS pickup.

Back