What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO PF De'Ron Davis (Signed to Indiana)

Kid is a beast. Was at the tourney last week where you Overland took down Mountain Vista. Overland, and Davis, are so much bigger than everyone else. This kid just looked like a college player toying with the high school kids.

Davis was very good in the title game against TR. Davis is a man among boys even as a junior. He is a little soft in that he could really use a college weight lifting program. But the kid is 6'10 and can play including a very nice mid-range jumper and a sweet touch at the foul line. I really hope we can get him.

I'm glad Tad didn't offer Conway. Sure he is fast, can get to the basket in a hurry, but that is at the high school level with a bunch of kids from TR not going to play D1. His jumper looks like an adventure and the other kid who plays point guard is way better at running the team. No thanks on Conway. I don't see him getting to the rim against the real big boys and he got his pocket picked a couple of times.

He looked like he could barely move last night to me.

Gotcha. Yeah, I haven't followed his play on the AAU circuit or in camps. I've see differing reports on his actual height ranging anywhere from 6'8" to 6'10". If he's on the lower end of that and his growth has plateaued then he'll be asked to expand his game beyond the paint at the next level. That would require more athleticism than is demanded of him to go up against and dominate Colorado prep frontcourts at the moment. I am really hoping for an Indiana embarrassment in their first tourney game to really put the pressure on Crean and give De'Ron second thoughts about going far from home to that situation. He has plenty of room for improvement but for someone in our backyard who has looked the part since he was 14 I want to see Tad close this one.

Gotcha. Yeah, I haven't followed his play on the AAU circuit or in camps. I've see differing reports on his actual height ranging anywhere from 6'8" to 6'10". If he's on the lower end of that and his growth has plateaued then he'll be asked to expand his game beyond the paint at the next level. That would require more athleticism than is demanded of him to go up against and dominate Colorado prep frontcourts at the moment. I am really hoping for an Indiana embarrassment in their first tourney game to really put the pressure on Crean and give De'Ron second thoughts about going far from home to that situation. He has plenty of room for improvement but for someone in our backyard who has looked the part since he was 14 I want to see Tad close this one.

Pretty sure this season and CU Playing in the CBI hurts more than IU Flaming out in the dance. They at least made it. We didnt even come close to getting into the not-invited-tournament.

Pretty sure this season and CU Playing in the CBI hurts more than IU Flaming out in the dance. They at least made it. We didnt even come close to getting into the not-invited-tournament.

If Indiana gets smoked I wouldn't be surprised creen gets the axe

If Indiana gets smoked I wouldn't be surprised creen gets the axe

BipKoksCIAEaJTo.0.png_large

I watched him play with Thon Maker and a bunch of other top 50 guys in Adidas Nations. Not only is De'Ron 6'10 but they had him playing the 5 the whole time. He can be a stretch 4 at the next level though.

Last edited:
Reactions: aik
20150314__20150315_C2_SP15PRPDAVIS~p1.jpg

Weight looks fine here, gonna guess it's a injury. 30 lbs? :lol: that's at least 13% of his body weight assuming the profile weight.

I think Davis needs to lose about 30 lbs...... he could barely move and is in no way ready for D1 ball. He will be 19 this November and will most likely stay in Denver for his sr. year. I think Tad should look elsewhere...... he's big...... really big!

I heard he is already 19 and can't play basketball next year in Colorado and has to go to prep school. That rule could be completely false but it is what I heard.

I heard he is already 19 and can't play basketball next year in Colorado and has to go to prep school. That rule could be completely false but it is what I heard.

Birthday is 11/20/96 so he will be 20 for most of next season. CHSAA does not permit 20 year olds to participate so you are right.

Either way, he has good skills for a kid that size. I can see why everyone is after him. I just wonder if he is still growing into his body?

Either way, he has good skills for a kid that size. I can see why everyone is after him. I just wonder if he is still growing into his body?

Could be. At the same time he was listed at 6'8" as an eighth grade and is generally listed as 6'9"-6'10" now so he hasn't been adding much height. Saw some video on him from eighth grade as well and he looked pretty solid then so I don't think he is likely to get much bigger now. He is also not new to being this size so it isn't like he is adjusting to being big.

Love to have him as a Buff but don't think it is going to happen, hope I'm wrong.

I can confirm that he's old for a junior in HS. Not sure about the rest.

If he really is 19 years old now, he can't play next year per CHSAA. I can't find a solid birthday on him anywhere though.

I saw a 97 birthday on a recruiting site....regardless he won't be playing in colorado if the 96 b-day is legit.
Why? As already posted he is 18, turns 19 in November. He will turn 20 during his Freshman year of college.

Davis in no way needs to loose 30 lbs. He has pretty good size for a high school kid at his height. He has good hands, a pretty good touch, and he can move for someone his size. I'm not sure where all the 'he is stiff' non-sense is coming from. He is an athletic kid. The one thing he needs in my mind is to be a bunch more aggressive, but that is hard when he is so much bigger then the other kids. Against East in the semi he picked up 3 quick fouls, 2 of which were bull**** (and I'm an East Alum), just because he was so much bigger the ref must have assumed that he was fouling. He would have had 15 blocks in that game if he didn't get into foul trouble.

I'll find out from Queenpants if he is leaving Overland this year. She may know.

Davis in no way needs to loose 30 lbs. He has pretty good size for a high school kid at his height. He has good hands, a pretty good touch, and he can move for someone his size. I'm not sure where all the 'he is stiff' non-sense is coming from. He is an athletic kid. The one thing he needs in my mind is to be a bunch more aggressive, but that is hard when he is so much bigger then the other kids. Against East in the semi he picked up 3 quick fouls, 2 of which were bull**** (and I'm an East Alum), just because he was so much bigger the ref must have assumed that he was fouling. He would have had 15 blocks in that game if he didn't get into foul trouble.

I'll find out from Queenpants if he is leaving Overland this year. She may know.

A lot of it comes from the same mentality fans all over the country have.

We have fans who are sensing that he isn't coming to Boulder and have already moved into the "We really didn't want him anyways" mode.

If he were clearly leaning to CU those same fans would be talking about how "He has the bulk to stand up against the big guys in the PAC" and treating it as a positive.

The kid is good. He may have physically peaked a little early and not have a lot of growth left in him but he is already big enough to be effective and depending on who you look at is at least a top 150 player and in some places a top 50 player.

Dont' think he is coming to CU but I wish he was.

I think folks are getting overly familiar with Davis and it's hurting their review of him. He's a double-double machine. Reminds me of Tory Miller. But there's been so much hype that people go into watching him play expecting him to have Shaq level dominance. 6'10" guys with his frame and a good skill set are very rare. I was impressed with how well he played against ThunderRidge's Zach Pirog. Pirog's his size and no slouch at all, heading to Neb-Omaha on scholarship next year. Davis showed that he's a significant cut above in Overland's 5A title game win, going for 15 & 15 while holding Pirog to 4 & 9.

Cliff's Notes Version: Davis is a damn good player at a hard-to-find position who we'd love to see in a CU uniform

I don't think that. I saw him earlier in the year and he seemed smoother early on than the state finals. Jmo, but he seemed to struggle getting up the court

Back