What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO PF De'Ron Davis (Signed to Indiana)

Scout now shows him with an offer from the Buffs. It sounds like he had a big weekend at a Chicago tournament. It's a long way off for him, but he is the best high school prospect in the state since Chauncey. Maybe ever.

2016 is Josh Scott's senior year.

i'm ok with one and dones once in a while, as long as it doesn't become the norm like at kentucky. Those teams have no soul.

Also, remember, carlon sat out a year here first, and was an integral part of the team before he ever stepped on the court for a game as a buff. Almost all one and dones are just that - one semester and done, not two years like the cb transfer.

fify Its a bad joke to call a OAD a "student-athlete".

Technically yes, but his senior year ends in the spring of 2016, and Davis won't be on campus until the fall of '16.

Exactly. 2016-17 will be Gordon's senior year. That's a strong piece at the big forward spot that will make life easy for a true freshman starting at the "5".

Exactly. 2016-17 will be Gordon's senior year. That's a strong piece at the big forward spot that will make life easy for a true freshman starting at the "5".
Keep in mind we'll probably be landing a pretty strong PF with the remaining '14 scholarship, and frankly given our roster, we'll probably take another big next year and another PG IMO.

Keep in mind we'll probably be landing a pretty strong PF with the remaining '14 scholarship, and frankly given our roster, we'll probably take another big next year and another PG IMO.

Sure. But I doubt we'll be able to pull a great "5" in the 2015 class ahead of Davis. We've landed Thomas for '13, will land someone like Adams for '14, probably go with another "4" who can stretch the floor in '15 and then target Davis to play the "5" as Scott's heir apparent in '16.

Sure. But I doubt we'll be able to pull a great "5" in the 2015 class ahead of Davis. We've landed Thomas for '13, will land someone like Adams for '14, probably go with another "4" who can stretch the floor in '15 and then target Davis to play the "5" as Scott's heir apparent in '16.

I meant more as in by the time Davis is here (hopefully), we'll have a lot of other talented bigs to take some pressure off of him. FWIW, I think Davis will be the only true center Tad will recruit.

[video=youtube;E9VG28eGOgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9VG28eGOgA[/video]

Can anyone get that to embed?

Last edited:
It's crazy when you stop to consider that, assuming we get him to come to CU, all of the guys on the team now will be gone by the time he gets here except for Jenkins and Gordon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's crazy when you stop to consider that, assuming we get him to come to CU, all of the guys on the team now will be gone by the time he gets here except for Jenkins and Gordon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yeah. It's even crazier to think about how sick the team will be in 2016 if we've got our 6 freshmen as juniors & seniors, Dom manning the point, the 3 or 4 recruits that fill out the 2014 & 2015 classes, and then bring in Davis to play the 5.

ESPN #4 PF, 10th Overall. He is a must get. He is the 5 star, top-10 talent that can push us our program over the edge to elite status.

We made his top five according to rivals. I don't know who his others are besides indiana because I don't have a subscription. We are on the right track.

We made his top five according to rivals. I don't know who his others are besides indiana because I don't have a subscription. We are on the right track.

Arizona, Arkansas, Indiana, Colorado. The 5th school wasn't named in the article.

I love that someone with three years of high school left is such a national name that he has a "top five" of outstanding basketball programs and we're on the list. Of course there is plenty of time for that to change but if we keep building tournament momentum we'll have local guys of this caliber considering us that we'd never have dreamed of a decade ago.

I love that someone with three years of high school left is such a national name that he has a "top five" of outstanding basketball programs and we're on the list. Of course there is plenty of time for that to change but if we keep building tournament momentum we'll have local guys of this caliber considering us that we'd never have dreamed of a decade ago.

Is Arkansas really outstanding?

I think that Tad is fully capable of making sure that he lands all the top in state talent. Plus by '16 rolls around, hopefully Tad has made the tourney in both '14 and '15, a Pac-12 Regular Season Championship and an Elite 8 run. Not to mention sending a few more guys to the league (Dinwiddie, Johnson, Scott and Gordon). That should help lure Davis to us.

I think that Tad is fully capable of making sure that he lands all the top in state talent. Plus by '16 rolls around, hopefully Tad has made the tourney in both '14 and '15, a Pac-12 Regular Season Championship and an Elite 8 run. Not to mention sending a few more guys to the league (Dinwiddie, Johnson, Scott and Gordon). That should help lure Davis to us.

I just got excited.

Last edited:
Back