What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO TE Isiah Pannunzio (Verbal to CSU)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

358861.jpg

Pueblo South H.S. (Pueblo, CO)

Twitter:

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 210
40: 4.65

Rivals rating: 2*-5.4rr; unranked TE
Scout rating: 3*; #80 OLB
ESPN rating: unrated TE-H
247s rating: 2*-79 grade; #69 TE

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, Colorado State, Wyoming

Pannunzio made the Six Zero Strength All-Colorado Team for 2014 as a DL, but it looks like he's drawing interest as a TE.

http://www.sixzerostrength.com/all-colorado-teams

Committed very early to McElwain and it's been quiet since the coaching change there except for a Rivals article back on December 8th when Isiah said he hadn't heard from CSU since the transition but was still solid.

Pueblo South doesn't seem to throw much. For his soph & junior years combined, Isiah had 41 total catches. His deeper stats (9 touchdowns and 19.9 ypc) suggested they should have used him a lot more than they did.

The offer from CU is new.

Missed this update from earlier in the month:

Pannunzio favoring in-state schools

"I really just like CU and CSU right now," Pannunzio told GoldandGreenNews.com. "That's kind of where I'm at right now. Those two are a little above the rest."

He goes on to say that he's hitting the camp circuit in order to try to generate more interest and offers.

Locking down those boarders Mac. [emoji12] Were we really after this guy?

I think the staff liked him, but only at OLB. He preferred TE but at 6'1" (maybe 6'2") CU wasn't going to give him an opportunity there. He liked CSU from the jump and they offered the position he wants to play.

I think the staff liked him, but only at OLB. He preferred TE but at 6'1" (maybe 6'2") CU wasn't going to give him an opportunity there. He liked CSU from the jump and they offered the position he wants to play.

Kids from Pee-eblow are lost if/when they reach Boulder. THE CULTURAL GAP IS TOO GREAT.

As a good friend from P-Town once told me: 'The kids from there can't believe how nice the police cars in Boulder are! THEY DON'T STINK OF OLD URINE AND PUKE, like the ones in P-Town."

Kids from Pee-eblow are lost if/when they reach Boulder. THE CULTURAL GAP IS TOO GREAT.

As a good friend from P-Town once told me: 'The kids from there can't believe how nice the police cars in Boulder are! THEY DON'T STINK OF OLD URINE AND PUKE, like the ones in P-Town."

Since I've never been in a police car in P-Town, I'll take your word for it. But I highly doubt that Boulder being a nice place is hurting CU on the recruiting trail with anyone.

In this case, I actually think that Pannunzio chose the place that is the better fit at this time. Never know, too. Maybe he'll show a big progression his senior year and the Buffs will put on the full court press to flip him.

Looks like he'd be a greyshirt candidate at either spot if he chose CU.

Since I've never been in a police car in P-Town, I'll take your word for it. But I highly doubt that Boulder being a nice place is hurting CU on the recruiting trail with anyone.

In this case, I actually think that Pannunzio chose the place that is the better fit at this time. Never know, too. Maybe he'll show a big progression his senior year and the Buffs will put on the full court press to flip him.

^^This^^

Kid is a nice athlete who may develop into a quality player but he is probably much more an MWC prospect that P5. If he had been from outside of Colorado and we had offered him a lot of people here would have been asking why.

He may be one of those cases where if he had choosen to commit to CU they would have taken him but weren't overly broken up when he didn't.

^^This^^

Kid is a nice athlete who may develop into a quality player but he is probably much more an MWC prospect that P5. If he had been from outside of Colorado and we had offered him a lot of people here would have been asking why.

He may be one of those cases where if he had choosen to commit to CU they would have taken him but weren't overly broken up when he didn't.

I cringe when you post things like this. You realize CSU beat us last year, right?

I cringe when you post things like this. You realize CSU beat us last year, right?

I do realize that CSU beat us, I have mentioned it in the thread where I state that we should beat Hawaii but I'm not counting it until the actual scoreboard says we did.

This is part of the issue. The past few years we have had far to many individuals playing key roles for us who were in fact MWC (or unfortunately lower) talents. We had recruits who's best other offers were a mid to low MWC and a couple of Sun Belt programs.

This guy highlights the issue. Look at his offer list, other than us it's CSU, Wyoming, etc. I don't see other PAC teams hot after him, B12 teams, the fuskers aren't offering him the pleasures of Lincoln. He's got the Fort, Laramie or the Springs.

He may come on in his senior year and suddenly start picking up bigger offers but I don't think he will.

Meanwhile if we are only beating CSU, Wyoming, etc. for recruits we certainly aren't going to look good on the field against SC, UCLA, ASU and Stanford with their PAC level athletes.

Back