What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 FL PF Dontay Bassett (Verbal to Florida)

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

DontayBassett_large.jpg

Oldsmar Christian H.S. (Oldsmar, FL)
AAU: Oakland Rebels

Ht: 6'8"
Wt: 205 lbs

Rivals Rating: 3*; unranked PF
Scout Rating: 3*; unranked PF
ESPN Rating: 3*-72 grade; #58 PF
247sports Rating: 3*-85 grade; #57 PF

Reported Offers: Colorado, Arkansas, Boise St, Florida International, Fresno St, Loyola Marymount, Middle Tennessee St, Mississippi St, Montana, Murray St, Nebraska, Oregon St, Tulsa, Virginia Tech, Wyoming

First off, I love seeing us recruit kids from Oakland AAU teams. Some of the best AAU ball in the nation is played there.

I'm going with 205 lbs for the weight as both Rivals and ESPN have that - and they seem to be the most recent updates. Scout & 247sports had him 175-180 lbs, so I think that's old data. Looks like he has a good frame who likes to run. Is raw and needs to work on his post game, but can run and grab boards ("Dontay's ball"?). I haven't seen video, but between his vitals and the write-ups I have seen, I wonder if he's a XJ/Dre/King type where he would float between the 3 & 4.

Not on the reported offer list, but if the tweeted Florida offer is legit; then that's pretty impressive. If we could steal a Florida kids away from Billy, that would be an eye-opener.

Back