What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 GA WR Derrion Rakestraw (Signed to COLORADO)

We may have to work harder to keep him than we did to get him. Glad he seems to already be building relationships as a Buff.

Hopefully he is looking for something different and anxious to give it a go outside the Southeast, because I concur that we are going to have to defend this one. Really good looking athlete here.

new unis already paying dividends! :gobuffs:

Always good to get a kid who will help us win the all name team. Welcome!

Welcome to the Black and Gold Derrion! Go Buffs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard Derrion! Thanks for the commit. This is one underrated good looking athlete. Who cares about star ratings, I trust Troy and you can not teach height/speed or athleticism. BTW- coming from Ga, you are going to LOVE Boulder.

I am still awaiting the A-Hole fan that is going to piss and moan about Rakestraw only being a 2-star. Solid tape. Look forward to seeing how his Senior year goes.

I don't think that his QB was doing him many favors. He was constantly coming back to underthrown balls and having to go up for balls because all that were thrown were rainbows. On the other hand, he does high point well and catches with his hands very well. I love that. I saw qualities that made him look a bit like a possession receiver. Then I think...what if Scotty McKnight had been six foot three? I can't see much downside to that!!

I don't think that his QB was doing him many favors. He was constantly coming back to underthrown balls and having to go up for balls because all that were thrown were rainbows. On the other hand, he does high point well and catches with his hands very well. I love that. I saw qualities that made him look a bit like a possession receiver. Then I think...what if Scotty McKnight had been six foot three? I can't see much downside to that!!

Also saw a lot of throws where he had two DBs on him and the QB lobbed it in there anyways, somehow he was the one who came out with the ball. Haven't seen a lot of our receivers winning battles for the football recently (other than Spruce.) Haven't seen a lot of our DBs doing that either so if he ends up on the defensive side of the ball maybe we can start coming down with some INTs for a change.

Back