What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 GA WR Derrion Rakestraw (Signed to COLORADO)

Also saw a lot of throws where he had two DBs on him and the QB lobbed it in there anyways, somehow he was the one who came out with the ball. Haven't seen a lot of our receivers winning battles for the football recently (other than Spruce.) Haven't seen a lot of our DBs doing that either so if he ends up on the defensive side of the ball maybe we can start coming down with some INTs for a change.

Haven't really seen a jump ball stud at WR since Simas.

Good get for us at 6'3" 175 he is very lanky and can add 20 pounds to his frame without losing his explosiveness and first step. He's not Dymond Lee but an under the radar kid who will play with a chip on his shoulder for the lack of P5 offers.

Let's play the who does he remind you of game: I propose Akhello Weatherspoon.

I get questioning his top end speed but great frame, good fast twitch explosion and cuts in a box, great leaping ability and times the ball well, and had good ball skills.

Let's play the who does he remind you of game: I propose Akhello Weatherspoon.

I get questioning his top end speed but great frame, good fast twitch explosion and cuts in a box, great leaping ability and times the ball well, and had good ball skills.
DJ Hackett is who came to mind when I watched his tape - that would be nice.

His great hands, height, and apparent athleticism might be a threat to PAC quarterbacks, if he ends up on the side of the ball, too.

Great get going down to GA where there is plenty of talent. Who was the primary recruiter down there?

Adam had a little bit on Rakeshaw. https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766065

"We are getting the plans to head up to Colorado maybe sometime in July because June is pretty full for me right now," he said.

Rakeshaw hauled in 51 passes as a junior and he is also a full-time starter at cornerback. He has more experience playing receiver but is open to playing on either side of the ball in college.

Charles Clark recruit. Relationship with his HS coach.

Crazy athlete. Long jumped 23'9" already in high school. At CU, that would be Top 15 all-time for outdoor T&F.

Clark I think, has some kind of connection there. Could be wrong.

There you go.

That may be the worst tackling team I have ever seen (his opponent). Still - nice flashes of playmaking ability. I like this kid.

Wow. Doesn't look slow like a lot of people were saying.

Let's face it, the analysis on this board re: recruits has pretty much had a track record akin to 'Tini's win predictions.
Here's two that had become certain facts as of a month ago:

Gamboa was the worst LB ever recruited.
And Diego is absolutely awful as a kicker. Just awful. He will do kickoffs only and the walkon Graham will be the FG kicker.....

Let's face it, the analysis on this board re: recruits has pretty much had a track record akin to 'Tini's win predictions.

And Diego is absolutely awful as a kicker. Just awful. He will do kickoffs only and the walkon Graham will be the FG kicker.....

Yeah I am just excited that the coaches realize the need for bigger receivers that have bigger catching radius'. Nothing wrong with smaller receivers but you can't have an entire roster full of one receiver type.

Looks like a plus type athlete. We need more guys who have the potential to make plays by being better athletes than some of the guys we face.

Passive aggressive instigating in a recruit thread. Good job!

Back