What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 JC WR Juwann Winfree (Signed to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

460x.jpg

Coffeyville C.C. / University of Maryland / Dwight Morrow HS (Englewood, NJ)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/OnlyOne_JW

3 Years to Play 2

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 190
40: 4.40

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; unranked JC WR
Scout rating: 3*; unranked JC WR
ESPN rating: 3*-75 grade; #15 JC WR
247s rating: 3*-85 grade; #15 JC WR (#107 JC overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arkansas State, East Carolina, Middle Tennessee, Pitt, Troy

Last edited:
Winfree was Honorable Mention All-Big 10 Freshmen in 2014 at Maryland after being a consensus 4* recruit.

Then, he got into some trouble related to the student-athlete code of conduct and decided to transfer a couple weeks later. LINK

Instant impact transfer if the coaches can get him to play for the black & gold. Looks like Pitt's going to be tough to beat since they almost got his commitment out of high school and have stuck with him.

Since Coffeyville is in Kansas, that should mean that Winfree is a Leavitt recruit.

Winfree was Honorable Mention All-Big 10 Freshmen in 2014 at Maryland after being a consensus 4* recruit.

Then, he got into some trouble related to the student-athlete code of conduct and decided to transfer a couple weeks later. LINK

Instant impact transfer if the coaches can get him to play for the black & gold. Looks like Pitt's going to be tough to beat since they almost got his commitment out of high school and have stuck with him.

The articles do not mention exactly what violations occurred. Is there anymore info? It looks like he was suspended twice, the second time indefinitely. That raises a few flags.

The articles do not mention exactly what violations occurred. Is there anymore info? It looks like he was suspended twice, the second time indefinitely. That raises a few flags.
I'm assuming they did their due diligence...I'd be surprised if a boy scout like Mac wouldn't do that.

Planning to OV in January

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...e-an-established-producer-on-juco-scene?s=148

http://www.scout.com/college/footba...big-12-pac-12-eyeing-ex-maryland-4-star?s=148

In Colorado, Winfree has an interesting connecticut through former Maryland coach Randy Edsall, and through former North Jersey standout cornerback Yuri Wright.

"I actually spoke to (Wright) not too long ago," Winfree said. "I was asking him questions about the program. I actually know Corey Edsall, who works in recruiting. That is actually Randy Esdall's son. I was hoping to come for the USC game last week, but I will probably visit in January."

Back