What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 JC WR Juwann Winfree (Signed to COLORADO)

I know that many people in and around the CU football program still feel very good about the Buffs' chances of signing Winfree. I also know Winfree has tried to keep his other trips - to Colorado and Memphis - quiet from Pittsburgh. And then there is what Brian Howell reported this morning. I don't think Winfree has a ton of guidance in this big decision and he comes off as confused at this stage. 110 hours and counting until the fax machine starts humming in the Champions Center... so fortunately we'll know soon enough.
You do great work. My poking the bear worked to perfection. Thanks for the info.

I just looked at his offer list. Really poor. I know we love him here (I do, but hey, I love all under-recruited guys we chase), but his offer list is especially poor even for a Juco and even for a guy who was dismissed at his first P5 stop. Just hope he's serious about his 2nd chance rather than the last guy we stole from Pitt...

He had offers from 16 power conference programs coming out of high school, including offers from Georgia, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska and South Carolina. Most power conference programs want JUCO recruits that are going to be a mid-year transfer, which Winfree obviously is not.

Thanks for the info Adam. When you post anything, I know we can take it to the bank. No BS. No sugar coating. You tell it like it is and we appreciate having your insight and honesty on here, especially as exciting as this off-season has shaped up to be.

Thanks Adam. Now you don't get this at Net-turds do you Syko?

I just looked at his offer list. Really poor. I know we love him here (I do, but hey, I love all under-recruited guys we chase), but his offer list is especially poor even for a Juco and even for a guy who was dismissed at his first P5 stop. Just hope he's serious about his 2nd chance rather than the last guy we stole from Pitt...

I really think we are one or two really talented receiver(s) away from goodness.

Weird post.

I know that many people in and around the CU football program still feel very good about the Buffs' chances of signing Winfree. I also know Winfree has tried to keep his other trips - to Colorado and Memphis - quiet from Pittsburgh. And then there is what Brian Howell reported this morning. I don't think Winfree has a ton of guidance in this big decision and he comes off as confused at this stage. 110 hours and counting until the fax machine starts humming in the Champions Center... so fortunately we'll know soon enough.
This lowers my confidence level. I just get the feeling that he would have a really tough time going to the Pitt coaches and telling them he's backing out.

Howell should never speak to a recruit. He's out of his element and will do more harm than good.

If you've ever read his Monday chats, he's absolutely clueless to what's going on with the program. He continually confesses he has no idea to almost every question that's asked. At least he's honest when he admits he hasn't seen or talked to anyone.

Howell should never speak to a recruit. He's out of his element and will do more harm than good.
(Howell)
63334718.jpg

Last edited:
The other three have pitt. Who knows...
Those were before he committed to Pitt, I don't put much stock in the crystal ball but considering how secretive Juwann's trip to CU was and everything I would assume Steve's going off inside information.

Those were before he committed to Pitt, I don't put much stock in the crystal ball but considering how secretive Juwann's trip to CU was and everything I would assume Steve's going off inside information.

Let's hope you are correct!

Random internet guy posted the following on Panther Digest free board last night:

"UPDATE (6:10 PM)-

** Pat Narduzzi and Pitt are now victims of one of their recruits flipping. 4-star recruit Juwann Winfree has flipped his commitment from Pitt to Colorado. This is interesting because Winfree was on an official visit this weekend to Memphis."

http://www.scout.com/college/pittsburgh/forums/2455-inside-the-huddle/14506743-winfree

Well... Ok, then. Not sure that really means anything, but it's not bad news.

It's rare you make a decision in life that you don't have second thoughts about. Sometimes it's best to make a decision and commit to not looking back. Doing so will bring you a lot of peace. Sounds like this young man is over anylizing. Just make a decision and don't look back. Hopefully he decides to be a Buff.

We're so lucky to have Adam as our Rivals reporter. No bs, and always solid info whether it's in our favor or not.

At any rate, great news. Just the kind of receiver we need to make the most of Webb's abilities.

We're so lucky to have Adam as our Rivals reporter. No bs, and always solid info whether it's in our favor or not.

At any rate, great news. Just the kind of receiver we need to make the most of Webb's abilities.

Thanks for the kind words! Winfree did visit Memphis this weekend, largely because his quarterback at Coffeyville C.C. signed there in December. Don't worry, he'll be a Buff. Only question is whether he will announce tomorrow or Tuesday.

Random internet guy posted the following on Panther Digest free board last night:

"UPDATE (6:10 PM)-

** Pat Narduzzi and Pitt are now victims of one of their recruits flipping. 4-star recruit Juwann Winfree has flipped his commitment from Pitt to Colorado. This is interesting because Winfree was on an official visit this weekend to Memphis."

http://www.scout.com/college/pittsburgh/forums/2455-inside-the-huddle/14506743-winfree

Some true dumbshits on that board....

Back