What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 JC WR Juwann Winfree (Signed to COLORADO)

I don't think we've had a physical specimen at WR like this since Toney Clemons:

CkY3yeiUoAQ0KUt.jpg
Reminds me of Scotty McKnight.

We need a big year out of him. 1,000 yards and 10-12 TDs should be the target.
Agreed. I think we'll spread the ball around a lot so the yardage may disappoint a little, but he should be the primary red zone target so the TD's must not disappoint.

It'll be nice to have a target in the red zone. I'm tired of us kicking fgs all the time and missing them, we need to start finishing drives.

At Sackman: Seems unlikely he's going to put up much larger numbers in the PAC12 than he did at Juco last season:

He had 837 yards and 7 TD's at his Juco last year. He was 3rd on his team for WR TD's. One guy had 17 and the other had 10.

He had 837 yards and 7 TD's at his Juco last year. He was 3rd on his team for WR TD's. One guy had 17 and the other had 10.
Man, we get it. You're not impressed with him and not as excited about the potential he brings to our team as most everybody else. Nobody is anointing him the 2nd coming of P-Rich, but he adds another P5 caliber playmaker to an offense that sorely lacks them. It's OK for fans to get excited about him.

Man, we get it. You're not impressed with him and not as excited about the potential he brings to our team as most everybody else. Nobody is anointing him the 2nd coming of P-Rich, but he adds another P5 caliber playmaker to an offense that sorely lacks them. It's OK for fans to get excited about him.

I'm extremely excited about him. But those numbers would qualify as one of our all-time greatest WR seasons ever! People are setting themselves up for the inevitable Kool-Aid Kumdown.

At Sackman: Seems unlikely he's going to put up much larger numbers in the PAC12 than he did at Juco last season:

How many times are you going to repeat this?

How many times are you going to repeat this?
Everytime I see a fundamentally flawed statement of expectations about any of our WR's, I will choose to correct it.

It's the #1 single piece of BS I have read all off-season. Just recently, I read an article calling this position group "deep". Deep in what? Somehow everyone seems to believe this garbage.

Until he beats out Bobo and starts putting up some numbers, he is Andre Simmons, with better transcripts!

I hope I am pissing him off, because if he comes into August anything but the hungriest guy out there, it's way short of what we need. We need a caged animal out to prove to the world that he really truly is a 4-star recruit and not the kid we just beat out Arkansas State for. This is in HIS thread, not Barzil. Don't be Rippy on us!

Two things: one, I said that should be the target. Based on what Nik said, it may be a bit aggressive, but it's still something worth shooting for.

Second: Coffeycille CC only played 11 games last year. The stats, particularly yardage, isn't that far off. We are asking for a whopping increase of 7 yards per game.

Two things: one, I said that should be the target. Based on what Nik said, it may be a bit aggressive, but it's still something worth shooting for.

Second: Coffeycille CC only played 11 games last year. The stats, particularly yardage, isn't that far off. We are asking for a whopping increase of 7 yards per game.

I continue to think the inflated expectations are based on:

1. 4-star rating out of High School, which is no longer relevant.
2. All frosh team for B1G conference, which a review of the stats has shown to be meaningless. Basically, Maryland played freshman, and most schools didn't.
3. That the kid is a physical specimen.
4. Hype we have been fed by HCMM on signing day, CU.com, and other media.

While ignoring:
1. His not so exciting offer list whereby we were 1 of 2 P5 programs to offer
2. His status as their #3 receiver at Coffeyville.
3. The DBs in the Pac12 are not what Coffeyville was facing.

We do this every June man. Let's see if he can catch the ball before he's flirting with the league leading receivers.

2. All frosh team for B1G conference, which a review of the stats has shown to be meaningless. Basically, Maryland played freshman, and most schools didn't.

While ignoring:

We do this every June man. Let's see if he can catch the ball before he's flirting with the league leading receivers.
200.gif

While ignoring:

I guess my point is that the expectations are not all that inflated. Seven yards a game improvement is "inflated"?

He might get a lot more balls thrown his way here than at his last stop. All he has to do is catch them and run for touchdowns.

Back