What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 NH SF Alpha Diallo (Signed to Providence)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

Aplha-Diallo.jpeg

Brewster Academy (Wolfeboro, NH) / Abraham Lincoln HS (Denver, CO)

AAU: Colorado Hawks

Twitter:
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_bornreadyy/

Ht: 6'7"
Wt: 195

Rivals rating: 4*; unranked SF (#110 overall)
Scout rating: 3*; unranked SF
ESPN rating: 4*-80 grade; #17 SF (#90 overall)
247s rating: 4*-91 grade; #21 SF (#98 overall)

Reported Offers: Boston College, CSU, Florida, Indiana, Kansas State, Manhattan, Miami, Nevada, Northeastern, Northern Colorado, Omaha, Seton Hall, TX Arlington, VCU, Weber State, Wyoming

Last edited:
Some of you may remember that the CHSAA really screwed Diallo over on a ruling that kept him from playing as a junior so he left the state for his senior season. http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_28726526/alpha-diallo-top-high-school-basketball-prospect-leaves (Will Whelan was all over this -- I've never seen him unload like that on twitter.)

Considering that he's pretty much the best player the Buffs could hope to land, should Tad go hard after him instead of taking a 2nd tier big man with the last scholarship in the 2016 class?

Take him, between the righting the chssa wrong and the fact he can ball there is no downside to this, it should be noted that there are a number scouts and basketball people WHelan include who think Diallo is a MUCH better prospect than De'ron Davis

Any evidence that CU is recruiting him, or is it wishful/hopeful thinking by some posters here?

Any evidence that CU is recruiting him, or is it wishful/hopeful thinking by some posters here?

Nothing recent. It was an oversight that Diallo didn't have a profile on AB. And while he hasn't been offered, he has always been very much on CU's radar.

I think you take the best talent available. Not sure if he's interested but we definitely should be.

Then again, we are going to be stacked at wing next year. I'm already trying to imagine how a White/King/Fortune/Fletcher rotation would work. Wouldn't mind seeing some small ball with three of those guys starting and Wes as the defensive anchor, but that is another thread.

On the whole shoe issue, how do we get Nike to sponsor every legit AAU team in Colorado?

he's originally from New York & only spent a couple years in CO. Not sure there's any edge there. Would love to have him but, he would have to wait to '17-'18 to get legit minutes for us. I could see how a young kid who's not from here would not want to spend *another* yr in CO riding pine when he's got other high majors after him.

Just playing the what-if game here. We have a solid team this year, and the last two were building up to this one. However, I can't help but daydream what last year and this year could be like if Diallo was on the team. He has the potential to be a 2nd rounder, and at the least will get some summer league invites. With Tad's success with CO talent (perhaps a little too much), I have to wonder if CHSAA didn't **** up, would Diallo be a Buff? Would we have made a brief appearance in the dance last year? Daydreams are dreams and reality is what it is. I like our team, and I'm happy that this kid is doing well at Providence. If you're the type to follow CO HS kids as they develop, check Alpha Diallo out.

Just playing the what-if game here. We have a solid team this year, and the last two were building up to this one. However, I can't help but daydream what last year and this year could be like if Diallo was on the team. He has the potential to be a 2nd rounder, and at the least will get some summer league invites. With Tad's success with CO talent (perhaps a little too much), I have to wonder if CHSAA didn't **** up, would Diallo be a Buff? Would we have made a brief appearance in the dance last year? Daydreams are dreams and reality is what it is. I like our team, and I'm happy that this kid is doing well at Providence. If you're the type to follow CO HS kids as they develop, check Alpha Diallo out.

Great memory. I would have to think we would have been a tourney team last year with Diallo. The guy averaged 16/8, compared to 8/4 for Schwartz. There were a couple of games last year in particular that I think would have turned out different.

@San Diego - scored 0 points in 25 minutes in a game we lost by 6 points
Indiana State - scored 5 points in 21 minutes in a game we lost by 5 points
Hawaii - scored 6 points in 31 minutes in a game we lost in overtime
@OSU - scored 5 points in 23 minutes in a game we lost by 2 points
@WSU -- scored 6 points in 28 minutes in a game we lost by 2 points

Back