What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 OR QB Sam Noyer (Signed to COLORADO)

First and foremost: Welcome to the Black and Gold!

It is a bit concerning to sign a player ranked #4 in his state, yet there are no offers from any D1 school in his home state or any P5 offers at all. However, looking at his highlight package, he has zip on the ball downfield, good touch and runs extremely well. It looks as though several teams may be shaking their head for passing this young man up!

Wonder what changed his mind? Great news!!!

Just a wild guess but I think he decided to commit while in Boulder but didn't want to make it official until he had one more chance to talk to his parents about it and be sure.

Great news!!! Loved his tape. As my name sake Ace Ventura would say:

[video=youtube;_aiAdL8yy1Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aiAdL8yy1Q[/video]

[tweet]605936822892396546[/tweet]
G3fSd51.gif

Hadn't watched any highlights until today. I was really impressed with the number of throws where the ball was delivered perfectly while guys were in his face. It doesn't look like he has had a great o-line, but he was accurate and stepped into the throws anyway. Welcome aboard!!

First and foremost: Welcome to the Black and Gold!

It is a bit concerning to sign a player ranked #4 in his state, yet there are no offers from any D1 school in his home state or any P5 offers at all. However, looking at his highlight package, he has zip on the ball downfield, good touch and runs extremely well. It looks as though several teams may be shaking their head for passing this young man up!

Oregon recruits nationally at this point. Especially at QB, so I wouldn't read anything into there not being an offer from the Ducks.

Regarding OSU, we did see a coaching change that sees a new offense that puts more of a premium on running ability from the QB spot. I suspect that if Riley was still the HC for the Beavs that Noyer would have an OSU offer right now.

That's not really a concern of mine. Neither is the offer list, actually. I trust Lindgren in that he seems to have a great sense of what he wants to accomplish in his offense. He zeroed in on Noyer pretty quickly as his guy.

Adam Gorney (West Recruiting Analyst for Rivals)really had high praise for Noyer off the 7on7 and camp performances he turned in this spring (some of which is behind the pay wall on the Rivals BuffStampede board).

From AM's commitment article:

"Noyer was really smooth in pretty much everything he did," recruiting analyst Adam Gorney wrote after his showing at the Rivals Quarterback Challenge event. "He didn't rush any throws, but did everything with a great tempo and pace. In every drill, every station and throughout the entire camp, Noyer looked really comfortable in the setting and was really smooth. The Beaverton standout also showed off great footwork."

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1771417

Just a wild guess but I think he decided to commit while in Boulder but didn't want to make it official until he had one more chance to talk to his parents about it and be sure.
Yeah. I don't think he "changed his mind." He "made his mind up."

Oregon recruits nationally at this point. Especially at QB, so I wouldn't read anything into there not being an offer from the Ducks.

Regarding OSU, we did see a coaching change that sees a new offense that puts more of a premium on running ability from the QB spot. I suspect that if Riley was still the HC for the Beavs that Noyer would have an OSU offer right now.

Was just about to say both of these things, and after I thought about it some more it could be a really brilliant move that the staff made in keeping Oregon in focus at least for this cycle. There might be some undervalued recruits in state for the reasons Nik brings up, but I wonder how long that lasts when Andersen really starts cranking up his recruiting in OR.

Was just about to say both of these things, and after I thought about it some more it could be a really brilliant move that the staff made in keeping Oregon in focus at least for this cycle. There might be some undervalued recruits in state for the reasons Nik brings up, but I wonder how long that lasts when Andersen really starts cranking up his recruiting in OR.

QB recruiting is just such a different animal that it doesn't always need to fall into our "recruiting footprint" so although our first recruit for this year came from Oregon, I don't think we should see any other recruits/offers to Oregon kids unless they are extremely high on the Buffs and we don't have to expend much energy there.

Anderson is a very good recruiter but not a great one so far. I also question the appeal of Oregon State to kids in Oregon. Seems as if a lot of Oregon kids feel that if they don't get an offer from the Ducks they are insulted and want to go elsewhere, kind of like CSU vs. CU when CU was highly ranked.

Not saying we should focus on Oregon but M2 and staff have some relationships there from the SJSU days and we shouldn't just ignore it.

We have often seen many very good locals leave Colorado even when CU was good. Sometimes a kid wants to experience something new. Some want to test life without their parents around and just need that different situation. Some want to meet new people. Some want to see what life is like near the ocean. A lot goes on in a 17-year olds mind and when you have a full ride scholarship and don't have to worry about finances, staying close to home is low on the list sometimes. Did I use some/time enough for you all?

Side Note: Has anyone else noticed Noyer's Twitter background is crosses? He is obviously a religious kid and again that connection with MacIntyre and his staff with Christianity. Just wanted to tie that in with another thread that had been discussed.

I saw a lot to like in that film and don't see where he's some giant developmental project. Certainly he hasn't been schooled like some of the kids who've parents have spent the equivalent of a college education on their QB coaching.

I see pretty sound fundamentals as I did with Montez, with good size, decent arm, and overall plus athleticism. A big part of how he develops will be mental and coaching. I'm pretty high on our QB coach to make sure those are both covered.

Last edited:
I have a lot of faith in Lindgren. Noyer looked very accurate on film. He certainly has the potential to be a very good QB for us.

He has prototypical size, pretty solid arm strength, good accuracy and decent speed/running ability. Nothing eye-popping, but not some huge project some are making him out to be. Like most QBs, he'll need some seasoning to get used to the speed of the college game and adjust to the smaller throwing windows, but a solid prospect going forward.

A few other observations from the hudl highlights:

- Like others have mentioned, he seems to deliver the ball with good accuracy in the face of pressure, which is a valuable trait.
- Throws a good deep ball as I don't recall too many times where his receivers had to wait on it.
- Throws pretty well on the run.
- Looks to pass first but still has good running ability.

Obviously, all these observations are from his self-created highlight reel, so it's hard to see a lot of his shortcomings, but definitely a solid addition.

He has prototypical size, pretty solid arm strength, good accuracy and decent speed/running ability. Nothing eye-popping, but not some huge project some are making him out to be. Like most QBs, he'll need some seasoning to get used to the speed of the college game and adjust to the smaller throwing windows, but a solid prospect going forward.

A few other observations from the hudl highlights:

- Like others have mentioned, he seems to deliver the ball with good accuracy in the face of pressure, which is a valuable trait.
- Throws a good deep ball as I don't recall too many times where his receivers had to wait on it.
- Throws pretty well on the run.
- Looks to pass first but still has good running ability.

Obviously, all these observations are from his self-created highlight reel, so it's hard to see a lot of his shortcomings, but definitely a solid addition.

Does anyone have insight on the level of competition? It does not appear to be that high in the HL video (small/slow and lots of arm tackling) but I may be off base.

Does anyone have insight on the level of competition? It does not appear to be that high in the HL video (small/slow and lots of arm tackling) but I may be off base.

They're a 6a program with just north of 1,500 students. I'm not sure how that stacks up compared to say, Colorado's 5a classification, but it's Oregon's top class.

Back