What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 TX RB Brandon Stephens

@Buffnik - any reason why you feel that this could be a positive thing for the Buffs? Seems as though an early decision is more likely a result of him wanting to stay closer to home (UT, A&M, 'Bama), than the P-12 (CU, furd, udub). Just wondering if I missed a truly positive update?
I believe we're well past the 24 hour rule, Adam said we are recruiting him for cb (his preferred position) while all others are recruiting him at RB.

Last edited:
@Buffnik - any reason why you feel that this could be a positive thing for the Buffs? Seems as though an early decision is more likely a result of him wanting to stay closer to home (UT, A&M, 'Bama), than the P-12 (CU, furd, udub). Just wondering if I missed a truly positive update?

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1795304&PT=4&PR=2

And 'Bama is recruiting him as a RB. Buffs are in good position here. And I expect him to be waking up Friday morning to a very good game result from the Buffs.

My bet is that he may be waiting to see what the Buffs do on the 3rd to make his choice. He wants the Buffs, but maybe enough people have put negative in that he is waiting until he sees us in action to make the call. Well, more a wild guess than a bet. I do think that young man won't get much sleep Thursday night.

My bet is that he may be waiting to see what the Buffs do on the 3rd to make his choice. He wants the Buffs, but maybe enough people have put negative in that he is waiting until he sees us in action to make the call. Well, more a wild guess than a bet. I do think that young man won't get much sleep Thursday night.

If he really has an offer from Alabama, I doubt he is going to wait to see how CU does in a game at Hawaii to help him decide how to make his decision.

If he does have a committable offer as a DB, which is why we are in the running and the others are not. Or did I read the previous posts wrong? I assumed that Bama was only offering as a RB.

Bama offered at RB but I assume everyone did. The fact he wants to play CB makes it a weird situation, what teams are willing to take him on as a CB? We'd assume Colorado. But who knows why he had a top 6 if it was made up of some teams that wanted him only at RB, really depends how set he is on CB..

Last edited:
This might become a trend if it already hasn't where kids see the longevity of RB's in the NFL. Corners can definitely play for a lot longer and nowadays are getting just about as much money.

Everyone else seems more confident here than I feel. Even if he does want to play defensive back and we are the only ones offering him there, I haven't seen anything that really makes me feel confident that the position is enough for us to be the leaders, pending Thursday's game.

Everyone else seems more confident here than I feel. Even if he does want to play defensive back and we are the only ones offering him there, I haven't seen anything that really makes me feel confident that the position is enough for us to be the leaders, pending Thursday's game.

I would be pretty surprised if he picks up. Weird recruitment.

We are in good shape here. Not sure we land him, but as of now we are in good shape.

This might become a trend if it already hasn't where kids see the longevity of RB's in the NFL. Corners can definitely play for a lot longer and nowadays are getting just about as much money.
I was thinking this same thing today. If true, smart kid. CBs are getting paid a lot more than RBs now days.

Back