What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 AZ QB Chase Cord (Verbal to Boise State)

Burston. We need one more body. In one of these threads someone said he'd have to sit a year, but not if he's completed 2 years at JUCO and has 3 years to play 2, as reported.

Burston. We need one more body. In one of these threads someone said he'd have to sit a year, but not if he's completed 2 years at JUCO and has 3 years to play 2, as reported.

Yeah. I'm not connecting the dots on why Cord giving a verbal to Boise changes anything on our need for Burston, tho. :unsure:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was going under the assumption that we were only going to sign one QB this year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was going under the assumption that we were only going to sign one QB this year.

Probably only 1 HS player, yes. That's been the norm. But we expect that a grad or juco transfer will also be brought in so that the oldest QB on the 2017 roster isn't a sophomore.

Thanks, Nik. I'd grab Burston now if I could. I like the dual threat nature of the guy and his JC numbers look good. I understand that JCs are kind of a long shot, but we just lost a HS 3-star to an MWC outfit and I'm not optimistic about getting a quality HS QB.

Thanks, Nik. I'd grab Burston now if I could. I like the dual threat nature of the guy and his JC numbers look good. I understand that JCs are kind of a long shot, but we just lost a HS 3-star to an MWC outfit and I'm not optimistic about getting a quality HS QB.

As long as Tyler Lytle (CU lean) commits, it's all good.

Burston has some potential eligibility issues which may need to be settled before he gets offered.

As long as Tyler Lytle (CU lean) commits, it's all good.

Burston has some potential eligibility issues which may need to be settled before he gets offered.
Has some? Seems like a big factor.

Sorry to see Cord go. Kid may be the best in the class before it's over.

This kid is going to be a great QB. But I guess we can't get 'em all. We are in on a lot of stud quarterbacks this cycle.

Hello all, Chases dad here. Just wanted to say thank you for all of your support. You all were great here on the forums and because of folks like you, it made it a very difficult decision for him to make. Again, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here on the forums and all the coaches that took care of him. Colorado has some incredible fans and coaches and wish you all the best !!

Regards,
Bob Cord

Hello all, Chases dad here. Just wanted to say thank you for all of your support. You all were great here on the forums and because of folks like you, it made it a very difficult decision for him to make. Again, just wanted to say thanks to everyone here on the forums and all the coaches that took care of him. Colorado has some incredible fans and coaches and wish you all the best !!

Regards,
Bob Cord

This is so cool. Got no doubts that Chase was raised right. Will be rooting for him to have a great 4 or 5 years at Boise State.

Regards,
Bob Cord

Thanks for coming by. Wish nothing but the best.

Regards,
Bob Cord

Fall in Colorado is gorgeous. If the family chooses to make the trip to one of Chase's road games at Colorado State, take it all in and have a wonderful weekend seeing the state put on its fall colors while your son torches the Rams.

Regards,
Bob Cord
Thanks for stopping by with your kind words. We wish your youngster the best up at BSU. It would have been nice to see him in black and gold, but he can stand out playing on a blue field too. Good luck and may he light up the scoreboards of the MWC.

Thanks Burrito for the good wishes. I know Colorado will secure a great QB and I'll be rooting for you guys on the QB recruiting trail going forward.

And to Chase's dad, don't you worry. We Bronco fans are super excited to have your son and looking forward to seeing him on the blue the next few years.

Regards,
Bob Cord

Thank you for stopping by, and good luck to Chase at BSU in the future.

Cord had an interesting dilemma. Wait out the QB domino's or commit while a spot was open. Boise State played this beautifully. My only concern for the kid is that I don't really respect Harsin as a head coach or a QB guy. He really struggled in Texas when he left Pete's side. It's not 100%, but I'm suspicious of him....

He did a fantastic job landing the QB coach, Zak Hill who developed Vernon Adams and others at EWU. He's a hot property if he has success in 2016. Boise State has lost their last two OC's (Mike Sanford after 2014 who left for Notre Dame and Eliah Drinkwitz who left for NCSU after 2015). Will Zak Hill stick around? I'd guess he will be there more than a year for sure, has ties to the general area, etc. But that's the main risk going forward. Who will coach Chase Cord? Of course that's always a risk (Look no further than the Utes musical coaching chairs), but this job is clearly a launch pad more than ever.

Hello all, extremely excited to hear that Colorado did indeed secure one of their top prospects at QB. Can't even tell you how happy I am. The coaches and everyone were incredibly great towards Chase during the entire recruiting process and to be honest, we are absolutely over joyed that Tyler Lytle chose Colorado and has helped to set up the Buffs for the future. Congrats all !

tumblr_inline_n4c8zxFW9N1sohk3w.gif

Back