What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA C Evan "Big Gravy" Battey (Signed to COLORADO)

I want so very badly to go through the archives and quote every single person who said Tad should be fired for recruiting over the last 2 seasons.
Not worth your time. Actually, not that many posters, I don't think. Just a few talking very loud and repeating themselves.

47v9R.gif

We are going to miss Josh Scott in a big way this year. Wes is a great defender and rebounder, but getting Battey for the following year is huge.

wow.
First reaction in watching the videos was "is he big enough to play inside in college" so I looked at his stats and holy crap. he's a beast. Basketball at the elite level throws my perspective all out of whack apparently.

Second reaction was "good Lord he's that big and moving like that?!?"

got me looking at basketball season tix.

I can't imagine he will play where Wes plays at 6'7".
Check out the roster and project forward:
1) He's listed as a Power Forward or a Center, depending on the site
2) The only two returning players for 2017-2018 over 6'7" are Tory Miller at 6'9", who will be a senior, Dallas Walton, a 7' to be a freshman from Arvada West

I fully expect it to be Tory and Wes in the middle this year, with Wes taking Scott's old place, and then Battey sliding in next to Tory for a season, possibly sliding over to more of a center role the following year.

Sort of depends on who we recruit the next cycle, but that's how I see it.

Check out the roster and project forward:
1) He's listed as a Power Forward or a Center, depending on the site
2) The only two returning players for 2017-2018 over 6'7" are Tory Miller at 6'9", who will be a senior, Dallas Walton, a 7' to be a freshman from Arvada West

I fully expect it to be Tory and Wes in the middle this year, with Wes taking Scott's old place, and then Battey sliding in next to Tory for a season, possibly sliding over to more of a center role the following year.

Sort of depends on who we recruit the next cycle, but that's how I see it.

And This year Lucas Siewart 6'10 230 and a bulk up

I saw the size of this kid and wow I'm excited about this kid. Think about how teams will deal with him at altitude and he's a nasty screener.

First off he is a HS kid, he may be done growing or he may have another 2-3 inches in him. If he gets taller this gets even better but even if he doesn't I'm happy with the commit.

What I really like is this isn't Tad reacting to what other schools are doing. This isn't Tad seeing other schools sign some lumbering 6'11" guy and going out to find a second tier lumbering 6'10" to try to match.

Instead he is getting a guy who is a basketball player who happens to be tall enough to play inside and who in addition to being mobile is a mound of muscle. What this means is that we aren't adjusting to other teams, we are going to force other teams to adjust to us. How do you counter a guy like Battey? Most of the guys who are strong enough to try to compete with him don't have the quickness and mobility, the guys with the quickness and mobility don't have a chance against his power.

Tad will figure out how to use him defensively, the rest of the league has a bigger problem in how to defend against him.

I want so very badly to go through the archives and quote every single person who said Tad should be fired for recruiting over the last 2 seasons.

Hi. I never said fired and have been a consistent Tad supporter. However, after Akyazili and Guzo, I was pretty disappointed in that class and a little concerned. He struck out on most of his targets prior to those two. Whatever...a bad class comes in every now and then. Then, it seemed that Tad was struggling as well the next recruiting cycle. I know all of us are excited about Peters to varying degrees, but that was as his senior year progressed. When he first committed, I can say that I was only content with Brown and Peters...not excited if you will, and I would say most were the same until his highlights really started picking up steam.

I think my worries were fair to be honest, and I say again, AK has really hushed any criticism of incoming recruits any of us may have. Of course, Guzo didn't pan out, but AK exceeded my expectations by a lot.

Regardless, great class for Tad, and really excited to see them come to CU.

First off he is a HS kid, he may be done growing or he may have another 2-3 inches in him. If he gets taller this gets even better but even if he doesn't I'm happy with the commit.

Of course he will grow another 2-3 inches since most of Tad's recruits grow at least that much after they commit. :)

Back