What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CA OT Kanan Ray (SIGNED to COLORADO)

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247sports
ESPN
Rivals
hudl

4292508.jpeg

Sierra Canyon HS (Chatsworth, CA)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/KananRay

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 270
40:

247s rating: 3*-88 grade; #21 OG
ESPN rating: 4*-80 grade; #3 C (#289 overall)
Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #27 OT

247s Composite: 3* / 0.8851 /

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Colorado State, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Oregon State, SDSU, San Jose State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, UNLV, Utah, Washington State

Last edited:
h/t to @lawdogg . Kanan Ray never enrolled at UCLA. Recent twitter activity with Chev & Adams following/ being followed. Does not identify himself as a UCLA commit. Coaching change maybe a factor. I'd assume he'd be a grayshirt who could enroll in January if he came to CU. Good prospect.

h/t to @lawdogg . Kanan Ray never enrolled at UCLA. Recent twitter activity with Chev & Adams following/ being followed. Does not identify himself as a UCLA commit. Coaching change maybe a factor. I'd assume he'd be a grayshirt who could enroll in January if he came to CU. Good prospect.

Is there any issue within the conference rules about signing a letter of intent and then enrolling at another school. I believe there is a two year ineligible period if you transfer within the conference. Does this qualify?

Is there any issue within the conference rules about signing a letter of intent and then enrolling at another school. I believe there is a two year ineligible period if you transfer within the conference. Does this qualify?
Not enrolling for fall invalidates the LOI. We signed Lee Walker the same way after he didn't enroll at UA after grayshirting.

Would he be included in this year's class on rivals 24/7, etc?
I took a look at 247s for Lee Walker.

He's in their database with CU's 2014 class and is not listed as part of Arizona's 2013 class. It looks like they adjust it for the enrollment.

I DGAF what class they put him in, just that he turns out to be really, really good. Last I checked, we don't get a point spot for class ranking.
I care from the standpoint that talent attracts talent. I think that class rankings have an effect on being able to sign higher ranked players.

I care from the standpoint that talent attracts talent. I think that class rankings have an effect on being able to sign higher ranked players.
Does it matter if he's slotted by the services into the '16 or '17 class for this?

Does it matter if he's slotted by the services into the '16 or '17 class for this?
He would be slotted into the 2018 class by the services. Enroll in the next week, sign a 2018 LOI or FAA in February. That's how it worked with Lee Walker.

He would be slotted into the 2018 class by the services. Enroll in the next week, sign a 2018 LOI or FAA in February. That's how it worked with Lee Walker.
That wasn't my question, and I scrambled the numbers. Let me try again.

I doubt it matters much, but if it does matter, who cares what class they slot him in? Are people worried that the '18 class looks bad?

I doubt it matters much, but if it does matter, who cares what class they slot him in? Are people worried that the '18 class looks bad?
It matters because it's part of the package when Chev and the other coaches are crafting their recruiting pitch. It matters because players help recruit and talent attracts talent.

Any doors that get opened as a result of recruiting rankings won’t be due to rankings in 2017 or before.

It matters because it's part of the package when Chev and the other coaches are crafting their recruiting pitch. It matters because players help recruit and talent attracts talent.
If Chev's package can't account for ratings leaving out other players we've been able to get here that are not reflected in a rating, then we got some powerpoint problems.

If Chev's package can't account for ratings leaving out other players we've been able to get here that are not reflected in a rating, then we got some powerpoint problems.
Why do you have so much trouble admitting that a positive to perception can be a positive?

Why do you have so much trouble admitting that a positive to perception can be a positive?

Because ratings are important as a measuring stick.
But in the end, the only thing that really matters is how good the kids turn out to be.
To be worrying about what Rivals or 247 are going to do with his classification is just completely mindless. If he signs here, it's a huge positive. Especially if he turns out to be anything but over-rated. I've seen no reason why people have to be so fixated on whether or not he's going to bump our rating. There's some really good recruits that won't bump our rating. I want them too, but some on here act like that would be a negative thing to take a guy without a rating, because he would lower our overall score. **** that. Sign the best players. Winning games is what's going to bump our recruiting, not last years' ratings (when everything is said and done).

Back