What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA QB Tyler Lytle (Signed to COLORADO)

I live in Orange County, and have seen Lytle play. I ain't no expert, but he certainly passes the eyeball test. He seems to come from a very nice family, as well. Can't blame the kid for checking out his options; nothing is real until the LOI is signed by both parties. He might be looking at Montez and wondering if he will get a chance to play in the next three years...That being said, I sure hope he signs with the Buffs.

Last edited:
I live in Orange County, and have seen Lytle play. I ain't no expert, but he certainly passes the eyeball test. He seems to come from a very nice family, as well. Can't blame the kid for checking out his options; nothing is real until the LOI is signed by both parties. He might be looking at Montez and wondering if he will get a chance to play in the next three years...
When did you see him play and what are your thoughts?

I like his highlights including this last game. I'd have to think he feels he has a shot to compete with Montez.

I saw him play live last season, in one of the 5 or so games he played in his junior season before getting hurt, but it was enough to get multiple national offers. Only seen videos of him this senior season. Tall, big-armed, fairly accurate, mobile leader with some instincts. Sounds like he would fit into the system, yes?

Tyler is a future Buff. He'll get plenty of playing time. Montez is a runner and will need a good backup and it'll help Tyler when he becomes the starter.

Heck, if McShay is right and Montez is a name to watch for the '18 draft, Tyler might not have to wait long.

Honestly, why would he be? Anywhere he goes is going to have a similar situation.
And even if he only starts two years, is that the worst thing in the world?

If he RS he'll have 2 yrs to play after Montez graduates. I don't see an issue unless he wants to play immediately. If that's the case he'll most likely have to go a ****ty program and not play for perennial PAC 12 south champs :)

Simple fact is that even if Montez is all world and stays until his senior year, the backup QB is going to be very important. Most QBs don't make it through a season without missing some time. Lytle will get to see the field a lot, even in the years he's not starting. And there's nothing that is preventing him from coming in and taking the starting job, either.

If he RS he'll have 2 yrs to play after Montez graduates. I don't see an issue unless he wants to play immediately. If that's the case he'll most likely have to go a ****ty program and not play for perennial PAC 12 south champs :)
What's important for him is to get to the top 2 in the depth chart. And guys like Noyer will have something to say about that. But if Lytle gets to the backup role, he's only one play away from starting. That makes weekly prep more critical which makes him get better.

Simple fact is that even if Montez is all world and stays until his senior year, the backup QB is going to be very important. Most QBs don't make it through a season without missing some time. Lytle will get to see the field a lot, even in the years he's not starting. And there's nothing that is preventing him from coming in and taking the starting job, either.

Top QBs aren't afraid of competition. Lytle knows that he can compete.

If Montez is good enough to beat him out then there is a good chance that he goes to the league early.

Either way Sacky is correct that very few teams make it through a season without the starter missing some time. Lytle will have at worst a legitimate chance to see time as the backup before taking over as the starter.

Outside of what Biggins wrote that is the only thing we have to go on. Remember CU was not where it's at today when he committed. I also don't think he cares who the QBs on the roster are currently. Most QBs look for a Junior or Senior starter scenario and thats what CU have today. The kid is being heavily sold by other schools is what it comes down to and they are using all they can to try and get him. It is what you get when you get a highly offered player. We have other 2017 guys going through the same recruiting issues just not saying anything. It seems Lytle asked the CU coaches prior to heading out for the visit. Competition is an easy way for us to explain it on this board, but I doubt a kid of that caliber is worried about Montez or Noyer. We think it cant be any reason and no other school could ever be better. Lytle is not thinking the same way.He is thinking what is the best school for me in every aspect. He may be questioning if it is CU.

I would not be surprised if he took a visit to Yale or Harvard who appear on his offer list. Remember he does not care about our depth chart only we do. He also does not see himself losing out to Montez, only we do. I also don't even think he knows who Noyer is. Montez only because he played. The kid is the 10th most offered QB in the country. My bet is at Spring many will say oh crap we have a QB competition which is a great thing. Only way this does not happen is if we get out recruited.

Still contend that Bloomington is a sweet college town and you can't fault the young man for taking a trip when he only has five and hopefully only has to go through the recruiting process one time. As far as Twitter profiles and reading into cryptic tweets, that **** cracks me up.

Still contend that Bloomington is a sweet college town and you can't fault the young man for taking a trip when he only has five and hopefully only has to go through the recruiting process one time. As far as Twitter profiles and reading into cryptic tweets, that **** cracks me up.
Still contend that Bloomington is in Indiana and that sucks ass, Kyle.

Back