What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA TE Josh Falo (Signed to USC)

Not sure how in it they were for Falo's signature but Bama just took a commit from another TE prospect, though I'm not sure what their are for this year.

This guy's twitter is all Colorado recently, what are the chances we actually get him? 24/7 still predicts Oregon 100%, but is that current?

This guy's twitter is all Colorado recently, what are the chances we actually get him? 24/7 still predicts Oregon 100%, but is that current?
I'd say it's fair to say we're the favorite at the moment. Oregon lost their appeal when the only appealing thing about them became what uniform they'd wear that week. He has some really impressive options, so it's fair for him to check out the likes of Alabama and others. But I think ultimately I like our chances given our advantages here.

I'd say it's fair to say we're the favorite at the moment. Oregon lost their appeal when the only appealing thing about them became what uniform they'd wear that week. He has some really impressive options, so it's fair for him to check out the likes of Alabama and others. But I think ultimately I like our chances given our advantages here.

I don't see how Oregon can look very appealing with the season they're having. Colorado is top 25, has just as good of facilities and his brother. I think we're in the lead.

Semi-on topic, but I think Oregon is going to have some trouble coming up here soon with regards to recruits. Chip Kelly was/is a tremendous college coach, but my understanding was that he ultimately left because he didn't like having to mollify all the boosters at Nike U all the time. Helfrich seems to be the other way around- no problem dealing with boosters but a sub-par coach. Maybe they'll throw money at someone and get another terrific coach, but it's far from a given.

Also, Oregon used to have a huge edge in facilities. I think a lot of programs have at least got to "me too" status with Oregon's facilities (I could be wrong; I haven't seen what Oregon's done facility-wise the last few years). There's nothing "wrong" with Eugene, per se, but for those that haven't been there it reminds me a lot of Ft. Collins with no mountains and a lot more rain. If facilities are more or less equivalent, and there doesn't seem to be good coaching up in Eugene, Eugene doesn't hold up well against Seattle, Westwood, or Boulder.

Is it safe to say Falo would be our potential most impactful recruit to date? Given the possibility of such an amazing WR corps next year, a strong pass catching TE would be very scary for a defense. Is Falo the type of guy to start as a true freshman?

For me, the draw of going to Oregon was the prospect of walking by Dean Wormer's office everyday. I took my kid there for a campus tour years ago and when I saw it, I nearly wept. Alas, I'm old. That flashback wouldn't translate to today's athletes.
search

For me, the draw of going to Oregon was the prospect of walking by Dean Wormer's office everyday. I took my kid there for a campus tour years ago and when I saw it, I nearly wept. Alas, I'm old. That flashback wouldn't translate to today's athletes.
search
Nature vs. Nuture, a favorite Twain theme!
Mine's bigger!

Is it safe to say Falo would be our potential most impactful recruit to date? Given the possibility of such an amazing WR corps next year, a strong pass catching TE would be very scary for a defense. Is Falo the type of guy to start as a true freshman?
I'd always lean toward the guy who throws him the ball as having the most impact.

Coach Leonard is a good dude. He goes to so many games during the season.

Next to him is that 5 star coach, the coach of his 7on7 team. I assume the guy on the end is one of the coaches of the 7 on 7 team as well.

The other football player is a decent RB.
Awesome news about Falo. WTF is up with us not offering that RB though? He seems like he might have the skills for Pac-12 football....

Back