What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA WR Isaiah Hodgins (Verbal to Oregon State)

Nebraska fans are certain they're getting the #4 and #5 rated WRs in the country sometime soon. I question how hard they are recruiting Hodgins at the moment. Not certain, but believe Shenault took Hodgins spot. We're still locked in on Bell to add much needed speed.

Hope that you're right on Nebraska. Although to be honest, getting the verbal commitment is only one step of the battle. If you're the fallback option if another school fills up, you have to hope a spot doesn't open up between verbal commitment and signing day on the preferred school.

Hard to really call any commitment really in the bank until they fax in that LOI.

These definitive statements are pretty suspect. Not that I think it is a huge loss, but we are not done at WR, nor should we be.

This team needs more talent at every position at the roster because there is not an "abundance of talent" at any position.
I don't disagree, if they can get top end talent you don't turn it away, but simple fact is WR is the deepest position with most 4* talent by far. Shay, Winfree, the two TX commits make 4-4* guys in 2017 if all holds up. So yes, abundance of talent at WR is fair compared to the rest of the team, but maybe not compared to a Top 10 program.

"If a recruit isn't coming to CU, let's root for him to go anywhere other than Nebraska, even if the alternatives are direct competitors." - Pathetic mindset of CU Fans

FWIW, I said earlier on in the thread that he's a Wazzu lean and I still think that was true at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him leaning Michigan's way with that offer.

Sorry to see you guys are out of the running on this one. But if you are, please send some positive vibes Boise's way if you have a few spare seconds today! We've got our stud QB in Brett Rypien (All Conference First Team as a true freshman), but could seriously use some upgrades at receiver for him to throw to.
Did you really just ask a fanbase, whose season hinges on a transfer QB that is wavering, injured players regaining health, and non-law abiding players avoiding suspension, to send you good vibes? Sorry buddy, we don't have any good vibes left to share.

"If a recruit isn't coming to CU, let's root for him to go anywhere other than Nebraska, even if the alternatives are direct competitors." - Pathetic mindset of CU Fans
I am actually worried about Nebraska with the three Sacramento kids, but you are right, I am pathetic. Nebraska is doing a good job recruiting California so you can say I am pathetic all you want but this is an important recruit even if we do not get him.

I am actually worried about Nebraska with the three Sacramento kids, but you are right, I am pathetic. Nebraska is doing a good job recruiting California so you can say I am pathetic all you want but this is an important recruit even if we do not get him.
That's my point, though. He is an important recruit for who? Everybody but CU, apparently, so wouldn't we rather see him out of the Pac 12?

That's my point, though. He is an important recruit for who? Everybody but CU, apparently, so wouldn't we rather see him out of the Pac 12?
No because I don't think Cotton and Falo would follow him to WSU so if he goes there like expected it could help with those two. And we might play Nebraska just as many times in the next four years as we do WSU so it could be a wash. It seemed like Nebraska offered him a couple weeks ago to try and get all three together. No matter what conference they go to, COtton and Falo are at the top of the board for CU so it would be a big loss.

Honestly, if he lands in the Pac-12, that is better in my mind than him going to Nebraska. I'd rather see a good recruit become a direct competitor. We shouldn't hope that we avoid having to play against teams with good recruits or recruits that we lost out on just because it means that it might be more difficult. I want for this program to beat great teams with the kids that we recruit. I don't want for us to start winning because other teams can't land good recruits.

Did you really just ask a fanbase, whose season hinges on a transfer QB that is wavering, injured players regaining health, and non-law abiding players avoiding suspension, to send you good vibes? Sorry buddy, we don't have any good vibes left to share.

Sorry about that then. No offense was intended. Just being neighborly. I'm happy for you guys when you get a recruit and am willing to send vibes your way so long as that recruit isn't deciding between us.

I wish the Buffs good fortune this upcoming season with the issues you listed.

Last edited:
Sorry about that then. No offense was intended. Just being neighborly. I'm happy for you guys when you late a recruit and am willing to send vibes your way so long as that recruit isn't deciding between us.

Sending good vibes your way!

Sending good vibes your way!

For sure. I'd much rather him commit to Boise State than see B1G programs make more inroads into CA or a Pac-12 program securing a recruiting target since every time they have to move down their recruiting boards it's a win for CU.

These definitive statements are pretty suspect. Not that I think it is a huge loss, but we are not done at WR, nor should we be.

This team needs more talent at every position at the roster because there is not an "abundance of talent" at any position.

^^This^^

We might want to win a few more games before we start dismissing our need for players who are good enough to get offers from schools like Michigan, ***braska, and multiple conference foes.

I like the guys we have coming in but we aren't in a place to turn down talent.

Sorry about that then. No offense was intended. Just being neighborly. I'm happy for you guys when you get a recruit and am willing to send vibes your way so long as that recruit isn't deciding between us.

Good vibes sent!

totally.

as long as knubraska is chalk full o' losers and pooh boys we'd want talent as far away from us as possible

Doesn't appear that CU and Hodgins were anywhere close to making a love connection.

Not just saying this because we did not get him, but I think we will only take 3 receivers this cycle and I am hoping for Maurice Bell. I think he is a better compliment to what we already have. And if we don't get Bell, we are in on some "burners" that would be a good fit. Good luck to Isaiah.

He had CU in his initial top 5 not too long ago, so something obviously changed since then.

He had CU in his initial top 5 not too long ago, so something obviously changed since then.
Very strange. Including his Wazzu hat that he pulled out of the bag, he had 9 other hats on the table and none of them were CU. It feels like his "top 5" included CU because, at the time, CU was only 1 of 4 P5 offers. Nebraska and Michigan didn't offer until recently and he didn't go on his Oregon visit until last month.

Very strange. Including his Wazzu hat that he pulled out of the bag, he had 9 other hats on the table and none of them were CU. It feels like his "top 5" included CU because, at the time, CU was only 1 of 4 P5 offers. Nebraska and Michigan didn't offer until recently and he didn't go on his Oregon visit until last month.

None of the recruiting services show him having an Oregon offer either.

None of the recruiting services show him having an Oregon offer either.
Nope, but he went on a visit there and had their hat on the table. He also had a UCLA hat on the table with no offer. To me, it just seems like we were never really in the running for his services; especially once he got the Nebraska and Michigan offers.

If I was a recruit, I'd put every blue chip school's hat on the table too before selecting my school, why the hell not? :D

We should ask every one of our recruits to put hats from Cal, ASU, Nebraska, USC, Oregon and Stanford on the table before selecting CU regardless if they had offers from those schools - think how pissed Nebraska fans would get, it would be awesome.

Nope, but he went on a visit there and had their hat on the table. He also had a UCLA hat on the table with no offer. To me, it just seems like we were never really in the running for his services; especially once he got the Nebraska and Michigan offers.

He was interested, when Laviska Shenault committed I think that ended his recruitment. I think we might have a silent commit at WR that took a spot also.

If I was a recruit, I'd put every blue chip school's hat on the table too before selecting my school, why the hell not? :D

We should ask every one of our recruits to put hats from Cal, ASU, Nebraska, USC, Oregon and Stanford on the table before selecting CU regardless if they had offers from those schools - think how pissed Nebraska fans would get, it would be awesome.

Good point but I still smile when the WSU site is posting tweets saying Hodgins committed to WSU over Oregon.

He was interested, when Laviska Shenault committed I think that ended his recruitment. I think we might have a silent commit at WR that took a spot also.
I hope you're right, but I'm skeptical that we would pull an offer to a kid like this in late April. Even with 2 highly touted WRs on board, CU is not in position to be turning away any talent that is better than what we currently have.

I hope you're right, but I'm skeptical that we would pull an offer to a kid like this in late April. Even with 2 highly touted WRs on board, CU is not in position to be turning away any talent that is better than what we currently have.

The one position that I would not worry about is WR. We need to lock down 3 and have Chev concentrate on the OLine.

Back