What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO ILB Jonathan Van Diest (Signed to COLORADO)

Just watched 90 seconds of his junior film... umm yeah he could start for us right now!! Get him!!!
Not.

Looks like a good player, but may have to be an ILB at the next level, and I'm not sure his size projects there. He looks plenty mobile for OLB on film, against Colorado competition (much of it with his hand on the ground) - but not sure how that translates to Pac12.

Last edited:
Just watched 90 seconds of his junior film... umm yeah he could start for us right now!! Get him!!!
He's an explosive and intense athlete, no doubt. Having just watched Von win the MVP, I can't help compare Van Diest to him - very similar size, and fun to watch.

Would love to see him suit up in the Black and Gold and create panic in the eyes of PAC-12 quarterbacks.

Not.

Looks like a good player, but may have to be an ILB at the next level, and I'm not sure his size projects there. He looks plenty mobile for OLB on film, against Colorado competition (much of it with his hand on the ground) - but not sure how that translates to Pac12.

We like our leaps of faith upon which foundations we build our mNC team.

Not.

:confused:

That is probably one of the better Junior films I've ever seen. He appears to have the ability and motor to play Inside or at Outside Rush LB in the Pac 12. Myles Jack from UCLA is 6'1 225. Great speed and athleticism will trump height any day.

I would understand if he was in Brush playing 2A but his competition in 5A at Cherry Creek and coaching is good enough for me.

:confused:

That is probably one of the better Junior films I've ever seen. He appears to have the ability and motor to play Inside or at Outside Rush LB in the Pac 12. Myles Jack from UCLA is 6'1 225. Great speed and athleticism will trump height any day.

I don't see Miles Jack speed or even close. That's the difference in oor opinions. If he had that I wouldn't be concerned with size (or anything). But it's just a concern, and difficult to be sure on film against unknown comp, at least to me.

I don't see Miles Jack speed or even close. That's the difference in oor opinions. If he had that I wouldn't be concerned with size (or anything). But it's just a concern, and difficult to be sure on film against unknown comp, at least to me.

Van Diest uses power and strength when pass rushing a lot more than speed. Go watch the Pomona-Creek game and you can see him against one of the best tackles in the country.

I think he could end up being a versatile player for the front seven. Considering other guys we decided to take in the last few classes, size is not a concern.

His tape is impressive. He appears to love to hit and seems to have another gear that kicks in when he is chasing someone down. Also, really obvious that someone at Creek has taught him how to take what he learns from limited film work and use it on the field. Definitely and important player to keep in state.

Yes, yes, and a bunch of yesses.

Right way to start out. Legitimate prospect, can fill positions we need, Colorado kid.

Great news.

Back