What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO OT Heston Paige (Signed to COLORADO)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

4_4642515.jpg

ThunderRidge HS (Highlands Ranch, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HestonPaige

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 270
40:

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked OT
Scout rating: 3*; #113 OT
ESPN rating: 3*-73 grade; #82 OG
247s rating: 3*-82 grade; #140 OT

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, North Dakota, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado

Last edited:
Constantly seeing tweets of him working his butt off on techniques at Six Zero. McChesney raves about this kid. All the offers surfaced in the last 5 days, so I figured it was time to give him some pub.

A few quick notes:
Dad played for UCLA, blocking for Troy Aikman.
Reports on him from the Blue-Grey Classic event this spring were very positive.
Seems to have put on weight in recent photos and he'll probably play at around 270 this year.

Chev and Adams both following/ recruiting. One to watch as a senior who could end up with an offer at CU.

Last edited:
Kid played on my oldest baseball and warriors football team. Dad is a good dude even though he is bruin blue to the core. Heston is a good kid and hope he works himself into P5 offers including one from CU.

Kid played on my oldest baseball and warriors football team. Dad is a good dude even though he is bruin blue to the core. Heston is a good kid and hope he works himself into P5 offers including one from CU.
Is that Bill Paige from Wheat Ridge? Funny how he ended up back in Colorado after his exposure to the LA glitz; one of many former preps who return!

Truly, there is no place like home....when you're from Colorado! No reason to leave....unless you really like humidity and lots of weird bugs!

Is that Bill Paige from Wheat Ridge? Funny how he ended up back in Colorado after his exposure to the LA glitz; one of many former preps who return!

Truly, there is no place like home....when you're from Colorado! No reason to leave....unless you really like humidity and lots of weird bugs!

True, there is no place like home. However, L.A. is neither humid nor buggy. That's the other coast.

im guessing this is an outdated picture?

Not really. In the past 12 months. But if you look at some of the short vids he has posted at Six Zero you can see how much meat he's put on the bone in the past 6 months. I think a break-out senior season is very possible.

Not really. In the past 12 months. But if you look at some of the short vids he has posted at Six Zero you can see how much meat he's put on the bone in the past 6 months. I think a break-out senior season is very possible.

Ches is turning Six Zero into a football factory. Pretty cool to watch the improvement of the guys that go through there.

Ches is turning Six Zero into a football factory. Pretty cool to watch the improvement of the guys that go through there.

Yep. My impression of in-state players that were less recruited and signed at CU (or CSU or WYO) is that they simply didn't get a lot of the things at the HS level in Colorado that prospects from other states got. But then, once they're in the program and getting the training table, level of commitment, etc., that many of them blossom. Generally, I actually have more confidence in the in-state 2*/3* guys the coaches decide to offer than I do with the 4*/5* guys from Colorado. That's where you find guys like Orms, Moeller, Solder, etc. They're out there. Similar case to the Wisconsin program I often cite as a comparable for CU in terms of building the program. They go out of state for a lot of guys, but they also sign a lot of lower-rated in-state guys that they develop.

Generally, I actually have more confidence in the in-state 2*/3* guys the coaches decide to offer than I do with the 4*/5* guys from Colorado. That's where you find guys like Orms, Moeller, Solder, etc. They're out there.

It is hard to swallow the "hidden gems" are better than the "known gems". Guys like Byers, Campbell, White, Kozan would have flourished at CU too. Orms and Moeller were nice finds, but not top end players and not starters on a top 25 team. There have been a lot more 2* in-state guys to come and go with no value added to CU than there have been Marcus Houston types. Maybe we call it the "Derek McCoy bias".

It is hard to swallow the "hidden gems" are better than the "known gems". Guys like Byers, Campbell, White, Kozan would have flourished at CU too. Orms and Moeller were nice finds, but not top end players and not starters on a top 25 team. There have been a lot more 2* in-state guys to come and go with no value added to CU than there have been Marcus Houston types. Maybe we call it the "Derek McCoy bias".

Or "Derek McCartney bias"? There's certainly something to the perception bias here. What stands out in the memory are the unheralded guys who succeed and the heralded guys who don't. Those deviate from expectations. My opinion is likely clouded by that perception bias.

Yep. My impression of in-state players that were less recruited and signed at CU (or CSU or WYO) is that they simply didn't get a lot of the things at the HS level in Colorado that prospects from other states got. But then, once they're in the program and getting the training table, level of commitment, etc., that many of them blossom. Generally, I actually have more confidence in the in-state 2*/3* guys the coaches decide to offer than I do with the 4*/5* guys from Colorado. That's where you find guys like Orms, Moeller, Solder, etc. They're out there. Similar case to the Wisconsin program I often cite as a comparable for CU in terms of building the program. They go out of state for a lot of guys, but they also sign a lot of lower-rated in-state guys that they develop.

wisco gets the vast majority of olineman and d-line from instate 2* NR or 3 * at most....then they redshirt almost every one of them and presto...the next time you see them they weigh 325 pounds

Or "Derek McCartney bias"? There's certainly something to the perception bias here. What stands out in the memory are the unheralded guys who succeed and the heralded guys who don't. Those deviate from expectations. My opinion is likely clouded by that perception bias.

We all have built in biases, the "McCoy/McCarrney" bias is perhaps the strongest on Buff boards. I think back to the high water mark of recruiting blue chippers, the Neuheisel era, and saw in 2001 how having a roster full of blue chip talent and good coaching makes for a fun fan experience. Even pulling in 17 AA preps out of 18 recruits has it's fair share of washouts. If I remember correctly, Ben Kelly was the only non-AA in that class but guys like Ryan Nunez never panned out, yet so many did pan out that the talent level was awesome.

The current roster has a lot of hidden gems from CO prep teams that are not ever going to make the 2-deep and should have been at Wyoming or some other such program. Programs that sustain excellence beyond a season here-or-there are built by bringing in top blue chip talent knowing some of the AA kids won't work out. Building on hidden gems is too hard because most don't elevate up.

Young looking kid, could still have a lot of room for growth. AFA offer is a good indicator that he can handle the academics.

Picked up a lot of followers recently:

Jaylon Jackson
Dante Sparaco
Chris Miller
Alex Fontenot
Tyler Lytle

Back