What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO RB Marcus McElroy (Verbal to CSU)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

369126.jpg

Mullen H.S. (Denver, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/icepain09marcus

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 197
40: 4.5

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked RB
Scout rating: 3*; #67 RB
ESPN rating: unrated RB
247s rating: 3*-86 grade; #43 RB

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, Army, CSU, Hawaii, Kansas, Kansas State, Northern Colorado, Purdue, Wyoming

Last edited:
Let's not start this in a recruit thread. I'm sure that Thenell will support his players and be very enthusiastic about them getting an opportunity to play for CU. The guy's a successful professional who has been doing this a long time. He went to CSU and had a problem with Hawkins. That describes a lot of in-state HS coaches. He'll support his players and give a professional recommendation on CU based on MacIntyre, his staff, the on-field performance the next couple years, the new facilities, the Pac-12 competition, and the personal situation of what's best for the player. Let's leave it at that.

Let's not start this in a recruit thread. I'm sure that Thenell will support his players and be very enthusiastic about them getting an opportunity to play for CU. The guy's a successful professional who has been doing this a long time. He went to CSU and had a problem with Hawkins. That describes a lot of in-state HS coaches. He'll support his players and give a professional recommendation on CU based on MacIntyre, his staff, the on-field performance the next couple years, the new facilities, the Pac-12 competition, and the personal situation of what's best for the player. Let's leave it at that.

Say what you will about Mac, but he has done a hell of a job rebuilding some in state connections that were destroyed by the previous 2 coaches.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1763519

There is one program that McElroy was able to recently visit.
"I just went to UCLA and had a little tour of their campus. It was a great campus and a really great school. I really hope I can get an offer from there. I really would like to go to their school."
McElroy hopes that the Bruins may be the next to extend an offer.
"At the moment, I feel UCLA might be getting closer. That is about it."

2017 may hold the most talent in any recruiting class CO has had in a very long time. That quote sounds like McElroy would commit today if UCLA offered. Not good for CU.

This kid may be the best RB in the state, when he brings his A game.
He has returned a kickoff for a TD in every game so far this season. Two of them were called back, but he has physically taken one back every game. He's big and extremely fast. He'll most likely get that UCLA offer.

Ah, the lure of Hollywood. California is great to visit and I can see a kid going there for a visit and thinking it's the end all. My kid loves the South Bay area. But he's really missing Colorado and can't wait to get back. DON'T DO IT MARCUS!!
The article you quoted from WR is nearly a year old, hopefully he's getting over his calfatuation.

McElroy has been up to CU countless times since the Buffs offered him when he was still a sophomore. His father informed me he has trips planned to check out Purdue, Kansas State, Wyoming and Air Force in the coming weeks.

McElroy has some good tape, but IMO you can't fully appreciate his skills unless you see him in person at a game. Versatile, agile, good burst. He actually reminds me a lot of Michael Adkins, but obviously you'd hope he proves to be more durable and focused in college.

McElroy has been up to CU countless times since the Buffs offered him when he was still a sophomore. His father informed me he has trips planned to check out Purdue, Kansas State, Wyoming and Air Force in the coming weeks.

McElroy has some good tape, but IMO you can't fully appreciate his skills unless you see him in person at a game. Versatile, agile, good burst. He actually reminds me a lot of Michael Adkins, but obviously you'd hope he proves to be more durable and focused in college.
I think he is a more fluid runner than Adkins.

McElroy hudl highlights are impressive. He looks like an all around solid back, speed, moves and some power

Hope there is a spot for him. Can't imagine we take more than 2 running backs. There are a couple RBs who have high interest in the Buffs.

Back