What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO S Isiahia Banks (Verbal to Montana)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports

2586487_a3349d56f34b4d32916c43d0f91895ee.jpg

Mullen H.S. (Denver, CO)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/IsiahiaBanks

Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 205
40: 4.59

Rivals rating: 3*-5.5rr; unranked S
Scout rating: 2*; unranked CB
ESPN rating: unrated S
247s rating: 3*-84 grade; #92 S

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, Delaware State, Hawaii, Montana, Montana State, Northern Colorado

Last edited:
Most underrated player in the state of Colorado. Ridiculous that his only offer besides CU is Montana. Not gonna complain if it helps to get him into the black & gold, tho.

Like his film and his measurables, but I agree the offers don't add up. Is there some other factor here? did he play his entire JR year?

Lack of exposure isn't an issue here. There have been A LOT of G5 and big time P5 programs sniffing around Mullen the past year or two. The lack of offers is a little concerning.

6'1" 200+ lbs... Moves and tackles well. 3* 5.7 RR, 3rd-5th ranked recruit in CO and 28th ranked S prospect with 1 P5 offer. Do not understand.

If the CU offer is good, I don't care so much what others think. Good players get overlooked, especially in states like Colorado. If Coach MacIntyre and JMFL think he's worthy, who am I to argue?

If he could put on about 20 something pounds, maybe he'd have a shot at lb? Safety is probably right though.

Does he have a position?

He is a bit of a tweener at this point in time, but I think Banks will grow into a linebacker. He seems to have the frame for it. The picture at the top of this thread is old... Banks has filled out quite a bit.

He is a bit of a tweener at this point in time, but I think Banks will grow into a linebacker. He seems to have the frame for it. The picture at the top of this thread is old... Banks has filled out quite a bit.
Really like guys that are athletic enough to play DB, but put on some weight and move up to the 2nd level.

I was going to update the pic the other day. Unfortunately, the most recent pic I could find that best showed his current physique was from when he camped with the Nubs. And I'll be damned if I'm going to have a pic on this board with him wearing a t-shirt that reads "Go Big Red" on the front. And the 2nd best option was from the UCLA camp with him in Bruins gear.

I was going to update the pic the other day. Unfortunately, the most recent pic I could find that best showed his current physique was from when he camped with the Nubs. And I'll be damned if I'm going to have a pic on this board with him wearing a t-shirt that reads "Go Big Red" on the front. And the 2nd best option was from the UCLA camp with him in Bruins gear.
You mean "second worst option." Correct?

Good pick up for Stitt. I watched him a couple times this year and thought he was the best player on Mullen's defense in both games.

Better than Adrian Jackson?
Yeah, in the games I saw. And he was much better than Cumber. I can't speak for the games I didn't see, but was wondering the entire time why Banks wasn't getting the offers of those two guys. IMO he's very underrated.

Yeah, in the games I saw. And he was much better than Cumber. I can't speak for the games I didn't see, but was wondering the entire time why Banks wasn't getting the offers of those two guys. IMO he's very underrated.

Banks is a good player, no doubt. He should do great things at Montana. But in terms of projecting him to the Pac-12 level, Banks is a tweener... not quite big enough for linebacker and probably not quite fast enough to play safety.

Banks is a good player, no doubt. He should do great things at Montana. But in terms of projecting him to the Pac-12 level, Banks is a tweener... not quite big enough for linebacker and probably not quite fast enough to play safety.
Medford Moorer played safety at this level, and he was Rick Gamboa level slow.

Back