What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CO SG D'Shawn Schwartz (SIGNED to COLORADO)

Best recruiting verbal in Boyle's tenure in my opinion. Great basketball player, better kid! Looking forward to seeing him do big things for the Buffs!

Best recruiting verbal in Boyle's tenure in my opinion. Great basketball player, better kid! Looking forward to seeing him do big things for the Buffs!
If he ends up being better than Spencer and Josh we'll have a pretty good player for the next four years.

Talked to his coach, Rob Hawkins, not sure if he's related to Dan. They're going to unleash Schwartz this season. He thinks Schwartz has a ceiling of 2-3 college years and NBA. Hawkins coached Reggie Jackson at Palmer. Signing at Sand Creek at 3:30.

So, D'Shawn's signing potentially gives us Derrick White for another 3-4 seasons?

Everything I'm reading about the two of them seems very similar.

“He’s a kid with a big tool bag, I’ll tell you that. He’s got a lot of skills, a lot of work ethic. I tried to make my guys take a week off and I couldn’t convince him, he had to still do his training at 6 a.m. ... They’re getting a kid who’s in love with the game honestly. He doesn’t allow distractions, he’s a regular kid though, he really is. He loves music, he loves his friends, he has got a good personality, but when it comes to basketball, nothing gets in the way."

Sand Creek coach Rob Hawkins on Schwartz

*drool*

With the young players CU are getting, perhaps some new energy for the Buffs next season?

So, tell me if this is correct: Sand Creek brought in a transfer student. He played in a game. CHSSA ruled him ineligible and Sand Creek had to forfeit a game. The coach got fired and the players got pissed. The players wore tee shirts designed as a protest for the coach getting fired. They must have worn them in a game which violated CHSSA rules so the players were suspended for a game. Is that it?

So, tell me if this is correct: Sand Creek brought in a transfer student. He played in a game. CHSSA ruled him ineligible and Sand Creek had to forfeit a game. The coach got fired and the players got pissed. The players wore tee shirts designed as a protest for the coach getting fired. They must have worn them in a game which violated CHSSA rules so the players were suspended for a game. Is that it?
That's what I read.

Even if Schwartz spearheaded the T-Shirt protest, it seems like there's no cause for concern here.

That's what I read.

Even if Schwartz spearheaded the T-Shirt protest, it seems like there's no cause for concern here.

Completely agree. ****, I HOPE Schwartz led this t-shirt protest. To me, this shows that he is loyal to his coaches, is able to lead a team, and has a good amount of critical thinking (ability to question authorities).

CHSSA is inept at pretty much everything.

They forced my football coach and our basketball coach to resign because a volunteer coach was paid when he hadn't had paperwork filed out.

Ya, that is how I read it too. I don't think there's any cause for concern either, I just wasn't sure where to put the article. Even with the resurgence the past few weeks, Schwartz can't get here fast enough.

Back