What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 FL DT Dante Sparaco (Signed to COLORADO)

I don't get this move. I really don't understand this constant transferring being done. Commitment is very loose here IMO.

Don't think this is farther from the truth. Has been a constant recruiter since his commitment. Can only help his development.

Great move for him and for us. Doesn't hurt the program to have a commit tell other kids at IMG that #TheRiseIsReal.

Congrats Dante!

Really? He has only been one of our most vocal and persistent recruiters.
He wants to increase his offer list and get his name out there. That's why you go to IMG. 6 months in their program isn't going to make you a NFL player.

But he shut me up with this:

I am not holding my breath but this was a nice strong statement. I hope he stays a Buff, improves as a player and sells the Buffs to teammates. Hope he proves my initial thoughts to be B.S.

Either way, wasn't trying to poo poo on the kid. Wish him well unless he goes to a competitor.

Last edited:
Do you even understand what IMG is? I'm a Creek guy all the way and sorry for Creek's loss, but he wasn't a neighborhood Creek guy and this is IMG, a full-time sports training Academy. Kids come from all over the country to hone their athletic skills there. Love it that there is a committed Buff among that group.
Don't rag the young man's commitment because you're "old and confused" by all these new-fangled sport thingies!
Oh, the get off my lawn approach. Nice. No, I see a kid that has transferred 3x in 15 months. To question his commitment level to a team is fair.

He wants to increase his offer list and get his name out there. That's why you go to IMG. 6 months in their program isn't going to make you a NFL player.

You go to IMG to get better. Period. I don't think there is any argument that can be made saying he would get better at Cherry Creek than he will at IMG. 6mo may not make him an NFL player true, but it may move him further in that direction that staying at Creek would. Its an opportunity that if given, I think you have to take.

Dante just answered me on twitter and said that he will still be able to graduate in December. Everything's still on track.

I think this puts him in an offense that does a lot more for his development as a TE. I think it will make him a better player.

Dante just answered me on twitter and said that he will still be able to graduate in December. Everything's still on track.

I think this puts him in an offense that does a lot more for his development as a TE. I think it will make him a better player.

That's what I thought. He had said in several interviews that he would be at CU in January. Congrats to him on the move.

As good a program as Cherry Creek has the level of competition and coaching can't match what he will get at IMG.

Nothing here to indicate any reason to doubt his commitment to CU. Does show a commitment to being the best player he can be.

Should be a good move for him and CU.

If this were an out of state kid who hadn't shown the kind of enthusiasm the being a Buff that he has, I might be concerned. As it stands, I think this is probably a good move. We will get a better player iut of the deal and maybe get in the ear of a few of their players.

Name dropper!

Dante has marketed and put himself in a good position to be a P5 player since Middle School, so not a surprising move. He will get the best coaching you can get for a prospective TE.

As good a program as Cherry Creek has the level of competition and coaching can't match what he will get at IMG.

Nothing here to indicate any reason to doubt his commitment to CU. Does show a commitment to being the best player he can be.

Should be a good move for him and CU.

Granted, they are two very different sports but IMG has baseball coaching videos on YouTube that I feel like are second to none. They are an elite level athletics school.

Transfer to IMG Academy for Dante Sparaco does not Dampen Enthusiasm for Buffaloes

Love for one’s home state is a deep bond that is hard to break ties with at any point in life, even if only for a few months. When Class of 2017 tight end/defensive end Dante Sparaco transferred from Cherry Creek High School to IMG Academy over the summer, Colorado natives felt that one of their own had lost his love for the Centennial State but nothing could be further from the truth.

http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/transfer-to-img-academy-for-dante-sparaco-does-not-dampen-enthusiasm-for-buffaloes/

Back