What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 FL DT Dante Sparaco (Signed to COLORADO)

Dante's birthday today, per Facebook. Do your Buffs civic duty and wish him a good one.

Dude can play next year perhaps. Needs more muscle.
Will be interesting to see how he progresses in the spring under Wilson. He is also getting top notch training at IMG but I agree he needs some work to be able to play Pac-12 ball next year, always a tough transition.

Dude can play next year perhaps. Needs more muscle.

It would surprise me if someone could play DL in the Pac-12 as a true freshman after only 1 year of learning technique at the high school level. He's a hell of an athlete, though, so maybe he'll pull it off.

Ideally, he will redshirt. Hopefully we are getting to the point where just about everybody Redshirts. If this year has shown us anything, its that guys who are juniors and seniors usually play better than their more talented younger teammates. I'm willing to give up true freshman Sparaco for fifth year senior Sparaco.

It would surprise me if someone could play DL in the Pac-12 as a true freshman after only 1 year of learning technique at the high school level. He's a hell of an athlete, though, so maybe he'll pull it off.
I count a season at that place in FL as a year of college. They play competition that is that good. They have highly paid and skilled coaches. And they spend way more time on football and training than most high schoolers will in 4 years. Add to that he will be here for the Spring ball. I think he'll have the experience of a typical RS Frosh.

I count a season at that place in FL as a year of college. They play competition that is that good. They have highly paid and skilled coaches. And they spend way more time on football and training than most high schoolers will in 4 years. Add to that he will be here for the Spring ball. I think he'll have the experience of a typical RS Frosh.

I agree. I'm not counting him out. But if his position is DE/DT in a 3-4, he's played 1 year on defense as a DE in a 4-3, and he comes in at 250 lbs as expected, I don't think I'm stretching here to say that it would be a surprise if he played as a true frosh.

I agree. I'm not counting him out. But if his position is DE/DT in a 3-4, he's played 1 year on defense as a DE in a 4-3, and he comes in at 250 lbs as expected, I don't think I'm stretching here to say that it would be a surprise if he played as a true frosh.
I am expecting 265

He may be able to contribute some but I would prefer the RS year.

Even with the best S&C programs there is a big difference between 265 at 18yo and 265 at 21yo.
I disagree. Depends on a lot of things and age is not generally one of the more important ones after about 16. Has more to do with genetics and how it's done.

Dante was a QB so he's somewhat new to training like a lineman I'd presume. He's got a big frame. He's put on a lot of good muscle mass already and he did get time in CC's program last year on the DL iirc.

Getting the size was the qualifier in my original post, but I'd not be surprised to see him be big enough come August to be a contributor.

IMG is like going to the NFL. It's essentially a full-time training academy and I'm sure there's much more lifting involved in-season than most High Schools have time for.

I disagree. Depends on a lot of things and age is not generally one of the more important ones after about 16. Has more to do with genetics and how it's done.

Dante was a QB so he's somewhat new to training like a lineman I'd presume. He's got a big frame. He's put on a lot of good muscle mass already and he did get time in CC's program last year on the DL iirc.

Getting the size was the qualifier in my original post, but I'd not be surprised to see him be big enough come August to be a contributor.

IMG is like going to the NFL. It's essentially a full-time training academy and I'm sure there's much more lifting involved in-season than most High Schools have time for.

I can see your point on this, but just remembering my time in college coming in as a freshman and how much more strength was gained in the first year of college let alone the first 2-3 years made a huge difference. Dante has good size, but the strength will be a big difference. I hope he can come in and contribute right away, but if we can afford to RS him, I'm all in on that boat!

He will definitely be ahead coming from the IMG program but there is a degree of physical maturity that happens. Even at the same size he will be stronger and "harder" if that's a term as time goes by.

There are some kids who can come in and compete early but even those kids usually get stronger as they mature.

I want to see us get to a point where the majority of our guys, especially the big guys automatically RS coming into the program.

I have no clue what IMG and am just gleaning info from previous posts. So; at IMG is the is the emphasis of the football program to win or to develop and showcase talent for college programs?

I have no clue what IMG and am just gleaning info from previous posts. So; at IMG is the is the emphasis of the football program to win or to develop and showcase talent for college programs?
Emphasis is to develop football players for college and hopefully professional games, winning comes with that.

Leave the door open for him to play. If he isn't ready physically, have him sit a year. They'll get their answers when he's practicing. I wouldn't rule it out either way.

Back