What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 FL OLB Carson Wells (Signed to COLORADO)

Kinda like his vids at MLB. In one of the highlights he trucks an OG and then buries the ball carrier. That guard was sitting on his azz wondering how he was gonna get the license plate imprint out of his chest.

His Ivy League offers are impressive. They don't pass those out like Halloween candy; it means he is smart. If his verbal to CU sticks, this could be a great "diamond in the rough" signing from a small HS.

Seems like a natural at ILB to me. We have plenty of numbers on the outside so wouldn't mind seeing him there here. Great film, once again proof that Leavitt just knows more than everybody else.

Think that he is from a more 'rural' part of Florida that doesn't get looked at as much. Would love to see him play against some better competition, but you can't teach speed...especially at that size. Also like the brains to make reads and keep track of the run gaps. To me ILB all the way. One of the most exciting recruits this year fosure.

Fits the pattern of what has brought this team up from the ashes and what the best programs do.

Bring in quality athletes with high ceilings, intelligence, and the right attitude. The rest including what position they end up playing will work itself out for the best.

I see ILB as well but the fact that we can see him in a variety of roles means that most importantly he is a football player.

Big and athletic, non-stop motor, intensity.

Anybody else here see a guy who could be an absolute terror on special teams. I'd hate to see him bearing down on me on a coverage team.

I don't give a hoot what he's ranked. I think the defensive coaches feel they found a gem and are looking forward to developing him. Kid turns 17 on signing day. That's a year younger than anyone else we will sign. Depending on how he fills out, he could line up at any of the 4 LB spots in time. Given he's a 3 sport athlete, he probably hasn't focused like many kids on the S&C aspect (pictures I've seen confirm this). T

I don't give a hoot what he's ranked. I think the defensive coaches feel they found a gem and are looking forward to developing him. Kid turns 17 on signing day. That's a year younger than anyone else we will sign. Depending on how he fills out, he could line up at any of the 4 LB spots in time. Given he's a 3 sport athlete, he probably hasn't focused like many kids on the S&C aspect (pictures I've seen confirm this). T

Yep. Right now he's pretty much "country strong" from working on the farm. Stack a high level S&C program on top of that and it's gonna be fun to watch. Reminiscent of Brett Keisel's path to the Steelers. Multi-sport guy who grew up on a farm in Wyoming and blossomed late when he dedicated fully to football.

Yep. Right now he's pretty much "country strong" from working on the farm. Stack a high level S&C program on top of that and it's gonna be fun to watch. Reminiscent of Brett Keisel's path to the Steelers. Multi-sport guy who grew up on a farm in Wyoming and blossomed late when he dedicated fully to football.
Sometimes those dudes are the strongest you'll play. Idk why that is exactly?

Sometimes those dudes are the strongest you'll play. Idk why that is exactly?

Practical lifting strengthens more muscles than trying to isolate just a specific group. It's the same reason weight lifters use tractor tires and other methods to get so big and strong.

Punter?

Actually he looks like the kind of kid that some very good programs specialize in.

Find a kid who has size, speed, and plays with attitude. If he keeps on developing finding a place for him to play won't be a problem.

Since we are talking about huge stretches for a kid who has never played a down of college football he reminds me a little bit of Karl Mecklenberg.

Like Meck he is a lot stronger than he looks at first glance. He isn't a sprinter but he get's to the play and he makes the play when he gets there. Reason I bring him up is because in the NFL during his career Meck played all seven front positions in the Broncos defense and played them well. He was a guy who was to slow for some, to small for others but who you had to have on the field.

I don't expect Wells to play all over the defense but he looks like a guy who we will find a place for.

Kinda reminds me of a panhandle guy. They are physical, hated playing those teams. You felt beat the hell up at half-time, once your body cooled down. You knew you were in a game, promise. This young man fits that mold.

Back