What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 JC DT Tyrell Thompson (Enrolled to Tarleton State)

Uhm, Nik? You see the size of that dude?

He can play wherever the hell he wants to play.

In the interview, he was talking about his ability to pursue and drop while Jeffcoat loved his speed. When I saw his size, I was thinking NT. Now I'm thinking that we try to get him out at the DE/DT in Carrell's spot and turn him loose instead of asking him to catch 2 blocks every play.

In the interview, he was talking about his ability to pursue and drop while Jeffcoat loved his speed. When I saw his size, I was thinking NT. Now I'm thinking that we try to get him out at the DE/DT in Carrell's spot and turn him loose instead of asking him to catch 2 blocks every play.

I seemed to have lost my sarcasm font button.

Anyone seen it?

So what happened here?

Is this one of those really good players Coach Mac had t turn away because Edwards was his better choice?

I don't see he signed or visited anywhere, so I'm going to guess he hasn't met the NCAA requirements.

Not sure, but if CU was able to land this kid so late in the game the DL next year could read: Thompson - Edwards - Jackson. That's not a step down from last year. That would be a lot of beef up front.

I think we will be better up front, talent wise. Tupou was the only + player we developed, talent wise. Will our scheme show it? That's the question. Who knows what the future holds but our front seven looks real deep w talent on paper for the 3-4.

I don't see he signed or visited anywhere, so I'm going to guess he hasn't met the NCAA requirements.

Pretty much the only reasonable explanation. His offer list if close to accurate would indicate he is talented enough to play D1 ball and he has the size.

As a 2 to play 2 guy that would mean he is 3 years out of HS.

Wonder if he is far enough away academically that he just tries to get into an NFL training camp. Actually sticking would be very hard with only JC experience.

Hopefully he can get his academics in order enough in spring and maybe summer school to sign late with somebody. If he can get over the NCAA bar a lot of G5 schools would probably be glad to make space for him.

All the premium sites have Thompson reclassified as a 2018 prospect. Everyone also has him as a commit to UTSA, but he isn't exactly advertising his commitment on his twitter page. I'd love to see the Buffs get back in here.

Back