What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV CB Alex Perry (Verbal to ASU)

FWIW, and not sure if this has been mentioned but I just read that Perry has family here that he lived with for a year in middle school. Obviously doesn't hurt.

What's the news here? I know he attended the BBQ but do we still have a shot to land this kid?

We still have a shot here. He's got family in Colorado and likes it here a lot. Unfortunately, he also has a brother playing for ASU.

We still have a shot here. He's got family in Colorado and likes it here a lot. Unfortunately, he also has a brother playing for ASU.

Thanks Buffnik, love the quick responses. I know about his brother and father. I guess the dad played at ASU?

Thanks Buffnik, love the quick responses. I know about his brother and father. I guess the dad played at ASU?
Pretty sure his dad went to Nevada (maybe UNLV?). Pops is a surgeon, iirc, but who knows how much CU's medical facilities or academics factor in.

Now that Bubba's recruiting has went to a national level, not sure Perry and Bubba are a package deal anymore.

Blitz constantly, leaving DBs on an island with mismatches or too much ground to cover. Philosophy is "sack, turnover or give up a big play".
Yep that's a bad recipe. They should zone behind it or combo it, man one side zone on the other or however you'd wanna set it up. The zone dude can always drop off and jump a route. That's a hard look.

Alex would look great in the black and gold. "The Rise" is real for more than just football victories. Coach Mac emphasizes winning in life and, I think, sincerely means it. If his father is a surgeon, Alex may decide to follow that same pathway. For the football player, Coach Mac's practice schedule is very conducive to taking the right classes and getting the 3.5-3.8 GPA needed to impress an admission committee. The practice schedule is pretty unique and, for the athlete, academic support is rigorous. Other CU football players are already headed that direction, and, I understand, are doing well.

Last edited:
This is Perry's 3rd time out here right? If all goes well maybe they can set up an official for that weekend in December. Or is this likely their only visit during the season/school year?

Depends. By "burning", do you mean actually setting them on fire, or just observing a burning couch?
Fantastic news!! Glad to see both of these guys come out and get the red carpet treatment.

per my friend Alfred.. Some people just want to watch the couch burn.

latest

Back