What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV DT Greg Rogers (Verbal to UCLA)

As I said earlier Rodgers is going to be a significant player no matter where he goes, he is that good.

If he comes to CU though he is going to be able to be that guy sooner. He also as I stated can take pride in being part of changing the program, being part of The Rise.

I also get the impression that he isn't making his decision just based on football which is also good for us. Spending 4 years in Boulder is a much better deal than spending 4 years in a lot of other places.

I think you sell Rogers, along with bolden perry and cotton on continuing the progression this defense has made under an amazing defensive coordinator. Becoming an elite defensive team in the pac12, a conference that has been offensive heavy outside of Stanford for a while now. We have a defensive minded head coach who wants to win games on that side of the ball and have opportunities for these kids to step in early for guys like Chido, tedric, Tupou and Samson and be even better.

I think you sell Rogers, along with bolden perry and cotton on continuing the progression this defense has made under an amazing defensive coordinator. Becoming an elite defensive team in the pac12, a conference that has been offensive heavy outside of Stanford for a while now. We have a defensive minded head coach who wants to win games on that side of the ball and have opportunities for these kids to step in early for guys like Chido, tedric, Tupou and Samson and be even better.

Agree,

These are guys who are good enough that they can't help but to think about the next level. Fact is the M2 and JL have both proven that they can coach at both the college level and the pro level.

Bolden move, Cotton!

Would have loved to be last visit for Greg, but we have some of our top commits coming for their OV the weekend of Oct 1st. Hopefully the bond they have been building sells him.

Going to need Folsom Frenzy/C-Unit to show up in force. Need that game to be rocking.

Hope he is a buff. Coming from Desert Pines, he will have a tough time qualifying. Bet he goes juco.

Last edited:
There is some stiff competition out there for Rogers, who has a top five of Colorado, USC, UCLA, Arizona State and Oklahoma, but the Buffaloes are squarely in this one for many reasons. The four-star defensive lineman could play early in Boulder, he’s intrigued by the program and his opportunities there and his official visit in the first weekend of October could be huge for his decision-making process.

Visits 9/30 for the Oregon State game. A. Hopefully we put the beat down on Oregon State & B. Hopefully students will make it known that he is in the house with signs or something!
Students can't do too much for one specific recruit as they now fall under the AD umbrella. However maybe a generic sign welcoming ALL the recruits would be acceptable. Either way, we need the students to show up, that game has turned into a HUGE recruiting event.

Students can't do too much for one specific recruit as they now fall under the AD umbrella. However maybe a generic sign welcoming ALL the recruits would be acceptable. Either way, we need the students to show up, that game has turned into a HUGE recruiting event.
We need to beat Oregon. Lose that game and it's total buzzkill. Win it and the students will be invigorated.

Last edited:
Rivals
Scout
ESPN
247sports
3194212.JPG

Centennial HS (Las Vegas, NV)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CityBoyGreg

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 293
40: 5.34

Rivals rating: 4*-5.8rr; #11 DT (#183 overall)
Scout rating: 4*; #3 DT (#38 overall)
ESPN rating: 4*-84 grade; #5 DT (#66 overall)
247s rating: 4*-91 grade; #13 DT (#204 overall)

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, BYU, Cal, CSU, Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, Northern Arizona, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, SDSU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCLA, UNLV, USC, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington State

Is he at Centennial or Desert Pines?
there you go

Rogers has a great opportunity to come in and play a ton or even start on day one.

He has some unusual skills for a young man that big. I could see Leavitt designing some defensive wrinkles that would allow him to be a nightmare on the interior for our opponents.

I'm ancient, so could one of you young Twitterfarians please translate what "cold" means in the Rogers tweet? TIA.

Probably just wondering how heavy a jacket he needs once he lives in Boulder.

Edit: To be clear, my post was sarcasm - don't lump me in with the befuddled old farts below.

Last edited:
Back