What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV QB Tate Martell (Verbal to Ohio State)

Well that would suck if he ended up at Oregon. Him and Travis Waller would be a great tandem going forward.

Well that would suck if he ended up at Oregon. Him and Travis Waller would be a great tandem going forward.
I've heard Oregon is once again not looking Martell's way. Though the timing is curious.

tOSU, Oregon, and USC are the favorites to land Lindsey. Sounds like tOSU has a pretty good shot to land both.

So pretty much all Spavital has done is coach Heisman winner Manziel his last year, who is more of an improviser qb anyway , and he has a great reputation with these kids? I really don't get it.

Usually, it's players costing themselves with dumb social media comments. Amazing to see a coach do it.

This dude is a freshman QB at Valor. Love that he's recruiting for us.
fbe9c2dfe740a8313854d7b0318b8d0b.png

Yeah. That was horrible.

I feel sorry for ppl who never understand loyalty. I can't really even vibe with u. At the end of the day trust is & everything else is BS
— Aaron Moorehead (@Amo8685) May 5, 2016

People act like the truth is all the sudden a bad thing. Society is too sensitive. Y'all boys soft. #texastough
— Aaron Moorehead (@Amo8685) May 5, 2016

Then you contrast it with this:

All I know is that if I was trying to decide on a college, this would matter to me. MacIntyre has said he left the NFL and didn't like it because players were treated like "assets" instead of "people". It's a business. He wanted to coach in an environment where it was about the people and he's done nothing but have his players' backs since he has gotten here. And with Chev as the most recent example, he only wants coaches in his program that share this belief system. It is, in fact, about the young men.

Lot of Bishop Gorman pride from the players there. As there should be. #1 program in the nation right now.

Down to 7:

The signal caller said he'll choose from the California Golden Bears, Colorado Buffaloes, Miami (Fl) Hurricanes, Ohio State Buckeyes, UCLA Bruins, USC Trojans and West Virginia Mountaineers.

Worth noting he's an early enrollee, can't discount how important that would be.

Love all the coverage from Scout Buff Playbook. The regional scouts they have for the Buff's recruiting geography are fantastic so there's a lot of content even without currently having a publisher. Can't wait until they get one. Especially with Scout being the main site for most of the other Pac-12 programs.

http://www.scout.com/college/colorado

Sorry boys. Gonna guess Miami. They have that #3stripelife we can't offer.

The more I look into this the more I think we might be the front runner. The picture above is supposedly a leaked direct message from before he decommitted from aTm. From all of the interviews I've seen and from this DM it looks like the two most important things to Tate are a good relationship with the coaches and early playing time. He had both at aTm until Spav left for Cal. He would have both at CU. It seems like everyone and their mother loves Chev and our QB situation is as wide open as anyone in 2017. I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like our chances

The more I look into this the more I think we might be the front runner. The picture above is supposedly a leaked direct message from before he decommitted from aTm. From all of the interviews I've seen and from this DM it looks like the two most important things to Tate are a good relationship with the coaches and early playing time. He had both at aTm until Spav left for Cal. He would have both at CU. It seems like everyone and their mother loves Chev and our QB situation is as wide open as anyone in 2017. I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like our chances

I hope you are right.

But just as a word of caution, most recruits of his caliber believe they can start right away wherever they go.

Martell didn't commit to TAMU to start right away, they had 2 5-star QBs when he committed but he stayed committed to them for so long because their QB situation fell apart and they had convinced him he was their savior and guaranteed starter. He's not exactly looking for a place where he has to start right away, he realizes with OSU or UCLA he'd likely have to sit for a year and has said as such. Certainly it's a factor but I don't think it suddenly makes us a frontrunner, it's not like Cal doesn't have the exact same combination considering his love for Spavital. I think there's a lot that can happen that can tip the scales our way here but they aren't quite in our favor yet, OSU will be tough to beat as that's where his parents went and they're the favorite for Lindsey who is wanting a package deal with Martell, and Chev has ground to make up on being Martell's favorite coach in place of Spav. And obviously getting Bolden and Perry would be huge in helping get him.

Last edited:
I hope you are right.

But just as a word of caution, most recruits of his caliber believe they can start right away wherever they go.
That's exactly right and why a school like SC can pile up 4/5's. That caliber of player believes they are the best and that they can beat out anybody.

Back