What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV QB Tate Martell (Verbal to Ohio State)

Other than Bisharat, what is Adam's claim to fame in recruiting?

Pretty much anyone on the roster from NoCal, UT, NV, HI, OR, WA or a western JUCO was recruited by him. HI and NV from the '15 class onward (it was LaRussa before that).

Other than Bisharat, what is Adam's claim to fame in recruiting?
I don't think he did a whole lot last cycle. He still has a lot to prove. I think he jump started the Vegas recruiting and has been the guy on the Northern Cali recruiting.

Adams is pretty good and Charles Clark does a good job down south but let's make no mistake about it...JMFL and Chev are the catalysts for CU recruiting!

Adams is pretty good and Charles Clark does a good job down south but let's make no mistake about it...JMFL and Chev are the catalysts for CU recruiting!

Got to put Tumpkin in that mix. He seems to get forgotten by fans because he doesn't have much twitter game, but his results might be the best of anyone on staff.

Edit: Please let this be the end of the off topic discussion in this thread. This is for Martell news & discussion.

Clark is the one recruiting Georgia and places like that right? I always get him and Adams mixed up.

Srs thanks jeric. I know it sounds silly but even him posting this pic and seeing some of the guys liking and retweeting is something that could help recruiting. I can safely bet a lot of $ that guys will be askin him "is cu really on the rise?" Gonna be even nicer when he gets to see the facilities in person. Thanks brother.

Somehow I get a feeling that Tate is looking at us very seriously. CU would be a great fit for him.

He could potentially be a program changer, great for him and us.

Bring along some of his friends and you have the core of a program change.

Anyone see his Twitter post about an hour ago? Was all about Miami. Can't figure out how to link pic from my phone

Colorado — “Colorado is really in it for me. It’s easy for my family to get to. It’s a cool place and there is a little distance. I think it’s a great opportunity to play early. I’ve never been a backup. I think I could play right away and it’s a good fit for me.”

USC — “USC offered me when I was a sophomore. It’s just USC. Being back home in California. Playing for USC, it’s a cool thing for guys in California. Especially watching Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart. That’s what we remember. That’s like the guys we looked up to when we were younger.”

UCLA — “UCLA would be a good situation playing-wise. I could come in and sit for a year and play once Josh Rosen heads to the NFL. Come in and hopefully compete after that. You can’t complain if you have to sit behind someone that will be a first round pick.”

Miami — “I’ve only been talking to Miami once coach Mark Richt got there. I could play early there. It’s a cool city. It feels like the West Coast but it’s on the East Coast. It's just a cool place. It would be an easy transition. It’s definitely a school I’m checking out. It’s a school I have a lot of interest in.”

West Virginia — “West Virginia is another one I’m looking into. They always have an up-tempo offense and they throw the ball a lot. It’s another place I could probably come in and play early and compete for time.”

Cal — “Great coaching staff. Another depth chart that allows me to likely compete and play early. I’m looking at them closely. Another good fit for me.”

Ohio State — “That’s where a lot of people think I’m leaning toward right now. The way they conduct everything. It reminds me of everything at Gorman. Everything is run professionally. It’s a similar environment. It would be an easy transition. It’s all just really professional. They put guys straight to the league like it’s nothing. Cardell Jones was like 11-0 as a starter and now he’s off to the NFL. It’s crazy to start such few games and now he’s playing in the NFL.

“No, I’m just chillin’ right now. I’m taking my time,” said Martell. “I’ll just wait it out a little bit and see where I end up. I’m not stressing where someone else is looking or going. I do know that Ohio State isn’t taking two quarterbacks, so it’ll be first one in I guess. They won’t take both of us, if we both wanted to come.”

“I’ll take my take and take some visits and then make a decision,” said Martell. “I’m in no rush. I am early enrolling though, so I’ll have that to consider when making a decision.”

giphy.gif

The point about Vegas being an easy plane ride to Denver is a pretty nice selling point for us. Not to mention we play a game in LA every year as well.

Back