What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 NV QB Tate Martell (Verbal to Ohio State)

The point about Vegas being an easy plane ride to Denver is a pretty nice selling point for us. Not to mention we play a game in LA every year as well.
It is for families who routinely fly. For a lot of recruits in SoCal, loading up the car for Pasadena or the 5 hours over to Tempe is much more doable 5-6 times per year than plane tickets.

Distance can be a good thing too. Having some space, from the Uncles, Cousins, and acquaintances can also be a positive. Moms sometimes get that.

The one thing that I noticed (two actually) was that he ONLY mentioned his family when referring to CU.
For some guys it's HUGE to be in a location where family can see you play live. This bodes well for us.

The other is the fact that he KNOWS he could be the starter immediately and STILL be in the PAC 12 playing
against the best of the best.

He and Bisharat would be SUH-WEET!

Colorado is usually a pleasant surprise to kids from Vegas, similar to people from Arizona. Hopefully it is the same for the BG guys.

The point about Vegas being an easy plane ride to Denver is a pretty nice selling point for us. Not to mention we play a game in LA every year as well.

Not to mention fairly cheap. Round trip flights to Las Vegas are usually $100-$150 per person, which is really reasonable, two hour flight, and there are several flights a day.

We play once in LA and once in Arizona each year which are both close to home.

Miami — “I’ve only been talking to Miami once coach Mark Richt got there. I could play early there. It’s a cool city. It feels like the West Coast but it’s on the East Coast. It's just a cool place. It would be an easy transition. It’s definitely a school I’m checking out. It’s a school I have a lot of interest in.”

Not quite... Get back to us after you visit kid.

Lindgren dropping part of the OC role to concentrate on QB coaching should help, especially when Sefo (or whoever) does well this year.

That was my take as well, CU for family and early PT and OSU as a NFL launch point.

Pretty awesome if he realizes at such a tender age that he'll have a clearer path to being starter at CU. On the other hand few of these guys shy away from competition though tOSU is probably going to be a tougher nut to crack. Factor in injuries and you could lose the job for good being a Buckeye. Not so much here.

It's a fine line...

post-48182-Jaime-Lannister-NICE-gif-Imgur-KbPJ.gif

Pretty awesome if he realizes at such a tender age that he'll have a clearer path to being starter at CU. On the other hand few of these guys shy away from competition though tOSU is probably going to be a tougher nut to crack. Factor in injuries and you could lose the job for good being a Buckeye. Not so much here.

It's a fine line...
giphy.gif

Well, he did say OSU will take the first guy to commit and the other(s) is(are) SOL yet he says he's in no rush to commit anywhere. To me, if he was dead set on OSU, he'd commit now ti ensure his spot.

Interesting elimination tactics. Seemed like he just eliminated the two obvious ones that weren't in the running but have to wonder whether he'll wait a good while now.

Back